Chapter 9 : A Day Out part 2

"Tch," Ayato said. "You wish,"

"Thank you for this beautiful kimono," I said bowing at the old lady. She smiled in response. Ayato and I walked out of the small shop. We were only a couple of feet from the shop as I heard her call out.

"Invite me to your wedding!" The old lady waved as her husband shook his head in embarrassment. 

I blushed and didn't turn around. We saw a crowd of people in an area and went to it. I dragged Ayato's hand and went through the people to see what it was.

(I know that's inside, but pretend that it's outside)

"Sugoi!" I was amazed at their dancing skills. It must've taken a lot of hard work and practice to be able to do that.

The performance ended as many people cheered and clapped. I clapped as well. Ayato and I left and went to see the other parts of the festival. 

"They were so amazing!" I talked to Ayato, recalling the wonderful performance. Ayato hummed in response.

"...." he grabbed my arm and stopped me. He then started sniffing. He then dragged me along.  

"Wait!" I protested. I follow him and let out a sigh as he dragged me to a takoyaki stand. 

"I knew it was this smell," he said looking his favorite food. You could see the steam rising up, as it was freshly cooked.

"2 trays," Ayato said and handed the money to the man. We found a place to eat on a bench near a river. I sat down rubbing my legs. All this walking made my legs hurt.

I look to the side seeing Ayato plopping a takoyaki into his mouth with a tooth pick. His eyes were closed and they way he munched on them was so cute.

"What are you staring at?" he said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"There's a girl sitting next to you and you're eating all the food to yourself?" I joked, scolding him. "Not very gentlemen-like."

His hand rested on the toothpick that was in one of the takoyaki. "Here," he raised it up in the air to me.

"I was just kidding!" I waved my hands. Even though I hadn't eaten anything since today, i wasn't that hungry. "I'm not hungry," I turned to face the front, looking out at the river. Just then my stomach decided to betray me and growled. 

Ayato laughed as my hands went to my stomach in embarrassment. A takoyaki was then placed in front of my face.

"Eat it," he said.

I obeyed and opened my mouth. It was delicious. I mean of course it was, all the street foods are good.

"It's good right?" he said and I nodded. "But not as good as yours," 

"This is very good too," I said. "I'm not a professional cook, my cooking isn't as good as some of those people selling those."

After we were done eating Ayato went to throw out the trays and went to use the bathroom. I stared at the starry sky. This part of the festival didn't have a lot of lights and you could see the stars.

The moon was also there as well. The water reflected the sky well and it look very beautiful. Now and then there will be ripples in the water.

The night was quiet too. We were only one of the few people that were in this area. I could still hear the faint noise of the loudness from the festival.

"What took you so long?" I said as Ayato sat down next to me. 

"There were a lot of people lined up for the bathroom," he said. 

A few minutes passed by in silence. We  both stared at the night sky. Then the faint sound of the festival came closer. We looked a the way it was coming from, there was a glow where they were.

The noise got louder as they came closer. When they were close enough, I could see the things that was glowing were lanterns. 

When they reached the area where we were, they released it onto the water. The lights of the candles flickered a little as it floated away. 

"Let's buy one," I said and pointed to a guy selling them. Ayato got up and we went to but lanterns. 

I sat down near the bank of the river and I slowly released the lantern onto the water carefully. Ayato did the same too, sitting next to me. As more of the lanterns were in the water, the place lighted up in a yellow glow.

 As more of the lanterns were in the water, the place lighted up in a yellow glow

My legs were pulled to my chest and I watched the beautiful scenery. The only light source was the moon and the many water lanterns.

I smiled. I've never seen anything this beautiful before, only in pictures. Ayato rustled though his kimono pocket.

"What are you hiding?" I said. He looked startled when he noticed I was looking at him. 

"It was suppose to be a surprised but whatever," he pulled out something from his pocket. He handed it to me.

I then noticed it was a hair pin. 

 "Wow," I said admiring at it

 "Wow," I said admiring at it. "It's so beautiful."

"So that's why you were taking you so long in the bathroom," I said. "Am I right?"

He only nodded and I swear I saw the tips of his ears turning red.

"Thank you," I said and putted in my hair. 

"You're doing it wrong," he said and took it out of my hand. I studied his face as he carefully put it in my hair. 

Maybe it's this angle but he looks more handsome than usual. Aish, what are you thinking Hana?>.<

"There," he said when he was down. He looked at me and I stared at him too. His eyes flicked to my lips but just as quick, it left. 

Is he going to kiss me?

I blushed as he leaned in. I didn't know what to do, should I lean in or not. 

His lips touched mine slightly but a loud noise in the sky stopped us. I turned to see it was the fireworks. I stared at the explosion of colors in the dark sky.

We almost kissed, I thought as my hand came up to touch my lips.