After every storm settles...

I have been staying with Sam for a few days and I think I am ready to go home. Yesterday I got a call from my brothers telling me that Dad has officially been kicked out and now lives in China with his girlfriend that he has been hiding from us, Grandma is not impressed and when she finds out where he is she will most likely have his head.

 You see, my family is not very average and I'm not talking about having a lot of siblings and no present Dad, I'm talking about something darker, murderously dark... well we aren't murderers... my Grandma might be one but certainly not me. 

When I was born, as the only girl I was sworn to a man I have yet to meet. I am not allowed to date anyone else or my grandparents will be sure to take me away. I have never seen this man and the only thing I know is his name, Joseph Kingsly, his family is rich and mostly have to stay in hiding from the press.  You are probably thinking, Olive, how did they agree to this what will they get out of marrying you? And to that I say I am not completely sure, it has something to do with being desperate and keeping in hiding, as well as his family being close friends with my Grandparents. Long story short I can not fall in love because I am promised to marry someone as soon as I turn eighteen or else I might be killed along with the person I fall in love with.

It feels like after every storm settles another one rises.

"Olive! Earth to Olive!" I shot up out of my trance.

"Woah there, don't be startled, its just me" Sam said pouring some cereal in his bowl. "Are you alright? he asked coming around the kitchen counter to give me a hug. When he put his arms around me I blurted out something that I shouldn't have.

"I can't love you!" Pushing him away I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. What has gotten into me? I was beginning to fall for someone and I knew that it wasn't safe.

"Olive wait!" Sam called out grabbing my hand and pulled on it so I was facing him. "Why not?" he said cupping my face with his hand, his eyebrows creased in worry.

"I can't tell you I-" I was cut off by Sam planting his lips on mine, pushing them into me softly yet hungrily. I waited for a second before pulling away. " I just told you I couldn't fall for you yet here you are making me love you," I said, tears falling down my cheeks.

"You think you love me?" Sam smiled.

"This is what you're taking away from this conversation?" I said getting mad.

"Well, yeah, and the fact that you can't," Sam stated, his eyes also welling with tears. "Why not olive? Tell me?"

I turned my head away from him, it was clear he was hurt.

"Olive, do you have a boyfriend?" Sam asked.

"No- I - kinda? I can't tell you out here." I looked around, watching the people who seemed to stare right back. "Let's get back inside.

***

"You are sworn to someone?" Sam repeated.

"That's what I said." I crossed my arms like defending my heart. Sam got up from his bed and went out into the kitchen. I could hear him dialling the phone but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

"Mum, What did you say her name was?" Was all I heard.

*** 

Sorry, this is short but I will be doing a double update tonight. I just wanted to end this chapter on a bit of a cliffhanger. I hope to finish this story and I am excited to see where the storyline takes me.

I am probably going to release my chapters in batches so that when I have cliffhangers you won't be too stressed.

Today's question Is:

What do you think of Joseph? Do you think they will get married? When will they meet?

I know this is three questions but they all link soo...

Next update will probably be out tonight. TYSM for reading and ILY all. See you soon? I hope so. 

P.S I will be reading and replying to comments so comment frequently for a shout out? 

P.P.S ty to Grammarly who has been helping to check my grammar.

Do you want pictures of what I picture the characters to look like as I haven't really described them? I think I have Aphantsia so I can't picture them in my head so if you have it too I just wanna help you out.