Fresh

I was woken from the sun shining through the window, illuminating the room. 

"Hello miss, I see that you are awake, are you ready to get dressed for breakfast?" The maid, who I assumed to be Bess. 

"Yeah," I responded, used to getting up early to prepare breakfast for my mother and siblings. 

"Very well, I have laid out clothes in your closet," Bess said before walking out. "Oh! Your husband will be here tomorrow" She added before leaving. She knows I'm still only 16, right? Also, how can she just casually tell me that my FUTURE HUSBAND will be here TOMORROW?!

I decided to take a quick shower before I got dressed, luckily my bedroom had an ensuite. The shower helped to clear my mind, mabey it wouldn't be too bad. Mabey it will be nice, mabey we were actually soulmates a bit like my Grandma and Grandpa. Yes, from the outside they seem closed off and strict but I think they truly do love each other, that's why they were so harsh to my Dad and I about getting married. I think today will actually be okay... hopefully tomorrow I will have the same mindset.

After my shower, I went into my walk-in wardrobe and was amazed by the selection I was given. There were around ten dresses hung up in front of me, each one looking beautifully unique. I chose the first one that caught my eye, a simple but stylish silk dress. I wasn't sure what to pair it with so I just opted for some white heels and gold earrings. I tied my brown hair into a loose updo and, once satisfied with how I looked, went downstairs to join my grandparents for breakfast.

 I tied my brown hair into a loose updo and, once satisfied with how I looked, went downstairs to join my grandparents for breakfast

"Olivia?" My grandma seemed shocked with me as I approached her. 

"Is everything ok gran?" I question smugly, knowing that she was taken aback by my newly found sense of style. 

"Um, yes, I suppose." She shrugged, her face going a little bit red. "Would you like pancakes or oatmeal for breakfast love?" I knew this was a test so I opted for the oatmeal with blueberries.  The rest of the meal was quiet, Grandma left the table early, excusing herself as she decided that she needed to help my Grandfather in his office, leaving me in the large dining room all by myself. It was the first time I noticed the pictures hanging up on the wall. There were baby pictures of me and all my brothers, a photo of my Grandparents wedding, My mother and father and, oddly, a baby picture of someone I didn't know, at least that's what I thought at first. Getting up from my seat I made my way to the picture on the wall. Engraved on the golden frame was the name "Joseph Sam Kingsly"

"Sam?" I questioned shakily. It explains where I thought I saw the picture before. It couldn't be him, could it? I guess I will find out tomorrow.

***

HEY GUYS! So today was also abt short but quality over quantity, right? The book might seem like after the next chapter it will almost be finished but do not worry, I still have a lot in mind. I think that I might actually finish this book! Once I do I will be going back and editing and focusing on my baby, Another Life... so if you like this book check it out once you're done? I would appreciate it a lot xx 

Shout out BeAHappySoul who has helped me gain inspiration and encouraged me to continue writing by commenting on almost all of my chapters of Another Life. 

Todays QOTC is:

What would you like to see in either this or any of my other works?

Eg. Violet Green (Also my baby but is different to the others I have written)

Thanks so much for reading. I love and appreciate you all a lot xoxo