《Chapter 42》

~ Jungkook's P.O.V ~

I was pretty excited to meet Sooyun as they are having a housewarming party tonight. I was at the florist, looking through the flowers to buy some for Sooyun. Especially the white roses which resembles her pure personality.

I froze in my spot contemplating whether to purchase the white roses, giant teddy bear or both, when someone covered my eyes with their cold chilly hands. "Hey, who is this!"

My hands immediately tried yanking away the ones that were covering my eyes but I was taken aback when it wasn't a guy's hand in the first place. It felt as soft as a cotton and tiny as heck.

Holy god mother. It's a girl.

"She" removed her hands and I instantly spun on my heels, "Who a-", I stopped midsentence when I noticed that one person I thought I would never meet again. Ever in my life.

"Hyeji!", I pulled her in for a hug that we missed plenty of years. "Oh my gosh, Jungkook! You've grown into a sexy beast!", she smacked my hard chest and eyed me up and down, whistling.

"And look at you! All pretty and hot as well", I pinched her cheeks, playfully.

Lee Hyeji. My childhood close friend. Her parents and mine were the inseparable type of best friends. That's how our friendship started. We witnessed each other, grow up. Before I even entered my high school, Hyeji left to the United States with her parents as they had to settle there for the time being. I had breakdowns for about few months, not having her by my side and now she's here!

-

"Awww! This pig still loves cookie dough ice cream", she smeared her melted ice cream at the tip of my nose, earning a childish groan from me.

We were talking pretty much random stuffs for about an hour, catching up of all that we missed for the past years. All the cherishable memories with her when I was a kid came flashing to my mind.

"Hyeji. I really have to g-", she cut me off, "Jungkook, there's this party tonight at my friend's house. I really hope you would show up", she twirled her hair that was laying on her shoulder.

"Ah. Sorry Hyeji but my girlfriend has invited me to her housewarming party"

"You have a girlfriend?", she scrunched her eyebrows and I immediately nodded showing her the promise ring with Sooyun's name engraved on it.

"Damn, she's really lucky", she muttered under her breath, thinking I wouldn't hear her, but obviously I did. It's me who's the lucky one to have Sooyun as my girlfriend.

"Jungkook! Please come to my party, we've met up after a long time!"

"I'm sorry Hyeji, but my girlfriend comes first before anyone else. Even myself"

"Then go and be with her. I was really happy to meet you again because guess what? I'm leaving to the US in few days again. Guess you weren't happy to meet me either. What's the point of having this conversation then?", she frustratedly shook her head getting up, collecting her belongings to leave.

"Hyeji, calm down!", I paused, "You know what. Since you're leaving again and god knows when you come back, I'll come to your so-called party. But is it fine if I bring my girlfriend with me?"

"I wouldn't mind but I don't think it's safe for her. There will be tons of young men, showing up at the party and you don't want your girlfriend t-"

"Fine, fine. I'll come alone"

-

I wasn't really satisfied with what I did. I shouldn't have agreed on going to that party instead of going to Sooyun's house warming. I was about to text Sooyun that I wouldn't be able to make it, when I got a call from Hyeji.

She told me that she has been waiting for me for so long and she needed me right there as soon as possible. I heaved a sigh not being able to bring myself to tell Sooyun the truth. I texted Taehyung that I can't make it to the housewarming, to meet up with a guy friend of mine.

Obviously I lied.

Even if I uttered the truth, most probably Sooyun wouldn't like the fact that I decided to ditch her for another girl. If my friends ever knew that I left them to a party with a girl, they would be really pissed. Especially Hyeji that the guys hate alot.

-

I entered the building with a small smile plastered on my face. People were dancing and catching up all around the area, leaving no space to walk. The stench of sweats overpowered the alcohols' smell. In addition, the blasting music with disco lights on, didn't help the scenario at all.

Suddenly, a pair of hands grabbed me to a corner, passing by the drunk people. "Hey Hyeji...", she wasn't steady to hear me out. She dropped into my arms as I was trying to hold a conversation with her.

"Jungkookwhydidyouleavemeforherwhy"

"I can't hear you, Hyeji!", I managed to get my voice as loud as possible for her to hear pass the blasting music. She clearly wasn't aware about what she has to say. I made her sit down on a tall stool, right beside the bar; taking my seat right beside hers. I held my temples and contemplated whether or not to just leave this place and head to Sooyun's.

"Hey baby. You wanna come with me?", a man of what he looked like he was in his 40s approached Hyeji with a seductive smirk. "It's highly appreciative if you leave us the f*ck alone", I stepped infront of Hyeji before he could attempt something else.

Without second thoughts, I dragged her to my car assuming it wouldn't be safe to leave her just like that. "Hyeji, you're drunk as hell. What's wrong with you?", I set her in the back seat and lashed out on her.

She shot up and peered deep into my eyes, sending sparkles down my spine. I swiftly broke my gaze, trying to get off of the car.

"Jeongnguk whre duo yoew thingk yeow arek guing?", she grabbed my collar, pulling me towards her; stopping me from getting off of the car.

"I lave yeow...", she almost smashed her lips onto mine, making my eyes enlarge instantly. I pushed her away and opened the car's door.

I'm glad I was able to turn around due to my fast reflex, making her kiss land on my cheek.

"What the f*ck are you doing Hyeji?! Get down of my car right now!", I fumed but instead, she plopped on the back seat and dozed off into a deep sleep.

No. Nothing has happened and it was all my imagination, that's it. I pulled out the drive way and to her house. I searched the key of her house from her handbag and opened the gate to her door, carrying her inside.

I carelessly dropped her on the couch and left that place as fast as I could. What has gotten into her mind?

She said that she loved me.