Chapter 10

Victoria panted as she waited down the corridor where she ran away from the room Lunette was in. She was hoping the Madame did not see her peaking in on her. Victoria didn't expect what she was to see. Lunette was dressed in black lingerie and draped in an open red robe. She was gorgeous.
Victoria was drawn to her like a moth to a fire. When the door had creaked she took off down the hallway to avoid confrontation and prayed Lunette hadn't seen her.
As Victoria caught her breath and started walking back to the party, she couldn't help but think of Lunette. The way her body seemed made for the lingerie, not the latter. Why had she been wearing such a thing, and for what?
Victoria arrived back to the party and found her friend. Remy had been laughing and drinking with of few of the local elites and seemed to be having a good time.
He saw her walking and waved for her to join them. It was a group of five or six men who all reeked of booze and sweat. Upon closer inspection, Victoria noticed Remy wasn't having a good time. He hadn't drank as much as the others and gave her a look that she knew well was of distaste for the others around him.
He excused himself from the men and approached Victoria.
"I must tell you something!" He whispered quickly in her ear.
"What happen?" Victoria responded in a hushed tone.
"This so called after party I was invited to is in truth the show of an exotic dancer" Remy looked away displeased. "These Americans!"
"Interesting," Victoria said. She though back to a few minutes before when she had seen Victoria in that room. She was the dancer. "must you stay for it?"
"It seems I must, Tremé set this night special for us. I don't want to ruin our standing here." Remy was upset, but intrigued. He had heard of these kinds of things through his father but never participated. He was uncomfortable yet interested at the same time. He was in a new town why not try something new. He took a deep breath and walked back over to where the rowdy men were.
As the party goers slowly stumbled out the doors and into streets, Victoria lingered in a corner out of sight. She watched as tipsy men and women left the room. She never let herself get that impaired. Gazing across the room she saw empty bottles, broken glass, and remnants of the delicious food that was served scattered across the floor.
These people really knew how to throw a party. Victoria thought to herself, as she stepped around the debris on the floor. She saw the group of men Remy was with enter a corridor. She knew they were going to the private after party and impulsively followed.