Chapter 11

One of Claude Tremé's many rooms included a cigar room in which he would invite certain guests he wished to impress. He had invited a few men to see what he had arranged with Lunette.
The men gathered in the smoky haze of the room. More whiskey was poured as Lunette stepped over into sight. A few men whistled and let their gaze linger at her mostly exposed body. She began her routine, shimmying out of her silky red robe letting it drop on the floor. She grabbed a small wooden chair and sat seductively making all the men drool at once.

Victoria had followed the men to a small room at the other side of Tremé's grand home. The door was closed after the last man entered. But she was drawn to the door, so she pressed her ear against the dark wood. She heard the sound of drunken laughter followed by a few whistles. She had to see what the fuss what about. After seeing Lunette in the guest room..dressing. Victoria soundlessly cracked the door ever so slightly.
The men were too drunk to notice. Victoria's eyes widened with excitement. She saw Lunette dancing in front of the men. She was sans the silk robe now. Her body was exquisite. Perfect in every way. The way it moved in the warm hued lights made feelings arise in Victoria.

Lunette was in her zone. She toyed with the men and loved it. A sliver a light caught her eye just before she was to finish the set. She glanced over to the doorway and noticed the door had been cracked. She saw a brown eye widely admiring in. Someone getting a free look?
She wrapped up the show donning her robe. She gathered her tips and slinked out the door. The tail of a dress had just whisked around the corner. Lunette quickly walked down the hall, infuriated. She turned the corner, knowing it was a dead end. To her surprise it was the new woman from France, Victoria.
"Oh, well hello there?" Lunette said raising an eyebrow.
"Sorry I was just...curious." Victoria turned her eyes to the floor. Damn. She had nowhere to go and Lunette stared at her in disbelief.
"Did you find what you were looking for?" Lunette asked, teasing Victoria now. If a dark skinned person could turn red she knew Victoria would be. Lunette noticed an innocence in her that she hadn't noticed when they first encountered one another.
Victoria looked up, into Lunettes eyes. Tears started to well up. She tried to dash past Lunette, but was caught by the wrist.
Lunette pulled her back and closer to her face.
Startled, Victoria froze.
"Ms. LaValle this is how I make my living. Now don't be ashamed. It's all a show." Lunette tried to comfort her, not fully understanding the soft spot Victoria had reached in her.
"You're body... You are..." Victoria trailed off looking down, Lunette was still holding her wrist. Lunette glanced down noticed she hadn't let her go. She slid her hand down Victoria's wrist to grasp her hand. It was so fluid, so natural. Their hands melted into one another, creating a warm neither had felt before.
Lunette took Victoria's chocolate eyes back in her gaze and held the moment for what seemed like hours, but was merely a few seconds.
"Madame Luna!" A voice bellowed down the great hall, instantly breaking their short encounter. Tremé turned the corner to find the girls standing together. "Ahhhh the honored guest, didn't realize you had stayed so late Ms. LaValle." Tremé said raising an eyebrow.
"I was just leaving now, thank you for a wonderful evening Mr. Tremé," Victoria said before quickly rushing down the corridor back to find her carriage.
Lunette stood appalled as she watched Victoria scurry away. She had left her wanting more. No one made Madame Luna feel that way. That was her job.
Tremé shuffled towards Lunette with a bourbon bottle in one hand and large stack of money in the other. He eyed her hungrily. "How 'bout some fun for old times sake?"
Lunette hesitated she hadn't done worked like that in a while. She glanced from the bottle over to the wad of cash. Without another thought she grabbed the bottle and took a long swig. "Let's go boy." She said grabbing him by the front of his trousers and pulling him to the nearest bedroom. She desperately needed a distraction that night.