Chapter 12

The next morning a ray of bright light broke through Lunette's window. She awoke with her head pounding and regrets streaming across her mind. Too much brandy. Too many bad decisions. Too much confusion.
Swinging her legs to the side of the bed, she didn't even bother looking at the clock, it was well past midday. She decided to take a much needed bath.
Lunette made her way over to the washroom, to draw a bath. She lit a candle, breathing in her favorite lavender scent. With a deep sigh she slid into the steaming tub. She let her muscles relax, settling into the warm porcelain.
The previous night weighed on her. She wondered, this was her normal life, why did this feel so different? Lathering the soap, she couldn't help but think back to her encounter with Victoria. The way Victoria's eyes pierced though her, the ignition of their skin touching. Her heart fluttered at the thought. She washed her arms, trying to scrub the night off and the thoughts away. No one effected her, ever, it shook her to her core.
Lunette sunk deeper, fully under the warm water. The silence filled her head. She heard nothing but her heart beating. That's when she realized she needed to know more. She needed to know Victoria.
...
Victoria could barely sleep at all that night. She tossed in her bed. This new place, these new people, but only one thing stuck out...Lunette. Their encounter replayed in her mind over and over. Each time she wished she could have said something else, rather than stare at her like a fool. She knew obsessing over the most gorgeous woman in town was useless.
Victoria got up from bed and went over to her dressing mirror. She looked at the nude figure in the reflection. Flat chest, no hips, dark skin, but worst of all the extra organ between her legs. Tears misted in her eyes. How could anyone love her, she thought. A woman who was born a man.