Day 3

Day 3

The faitful day was here. 

The day, that could change all of history. 

The day that would tip the scale, give an advantage to a team. 

The day that could end the war. 

The third day.

All the Autobots, including Starscream gathered nervously around the berth where the red mech layed. Ratchet made sure everyone was present, then began. 

"It is said, that both bot's spark will stop, then beat 5 times. After those 5 times, if he wakes, he is well. If he remains in stasis, he is not."

~~~

"Shockwave, if Darkshade does not wake, what should happen?" Megatron asked, glancing down at the femme. Shockwave looked at Megatron, then Soundwave then the 2 troopers who had insisted on coming. Steve and Cullen had been worried about the femme, and wanted to be there. 

"If she does not wake, we must reunite her with her partner within 2 solar cycles." He said simply, before freezing. Everyone could feel it, Autobots and Decepticons alike. It was time. 

~~~

Ratchet listened to the spark monitor as it flatlined.  He noticed the shocked expressions in some optics and reminded them this was perfectly normal. 

Beep.

The first beep went by, echoing in silence. Knockout remained unchanged, as did Darkshade. All the bots listened to the silence, bracing for the next beep. 

Beep.

2. Knockout and Darkshade remained unchanged, to the bot's eyes. In reality, their sparks were changing, one preparing to wake and rise, the other preparing for the suffering, the pain. 

Beep

This time, both faceplates scrunched up slightly, before returning to normal. The seconds that passed in between each signal seemed like minutes. The stress, and anxiety in the room, slowed down time. 

Beep.

One more. Just one more beep, and it would determine the fate of this war. One more, a few seconds away. 

It was like a battle. 

One would Rise. 

One would fall. 

Beep.

~~~

??? POV

I don't know what it was that startled me so much, but the next thing I knew, I was sitting up on a berth, my vision blurry and helm spun. I could hear sighs of relief, though they were muffled. My chassis ached also, beating hard and quickly. My vision still blurry and trying to focus, I couldn't tell what was light or dark, it all seemed...too  bright. I shielded my optics, trying to focus. 

Finally, my vision cleared up, and I could see a crowd of familiar bots surrounding me, with looks of relief on their face plates. A voice echoed, one I could recognize immediately. 

"Welcome back...Knockout."

~~~

Megatron held his breath as the final beep rang, and stared at the femme, expecting her optics to open, for her to groan in pain, any indication that she was alright. 

Nothing. Not a change. 

A low sound rang in his audio receptors, continuous, and all too familiar. 

Flat-Lining. 

Megatron turned quickly to Shockwave, who remained calm. 

"This is normal. Unfortunately, it seems that the Autobots had luck on their side." Everyone held their heads down. Even Shockwave's antennas drooped. 

"Well then, we must act quickly, if we are to save Darkshade here."

"But, my lord..." Shockwave stated. "How are we going to get Knockout here? He despises us."

Megatron smirked evilly, baring his pointed vampire-like teeth. 

"I have a plan."

~~~

So sorry it's so short. 

-Star-