Chapter 2 ~ Two Months Later

It's been a long and hard two months, I found a nice but cheap apartment in Saint George, Utah and I found a cheap but good place to keep all 3 horses. I decided to leave Casper here till I have the baby and Brooke can train him for a little for me.

I also got a job as an office/secretary at a local high school that pays good. I also have a hospital close by my apartment so if I need to I can get there quick!

Everyone started noticing that I was wearing looser shirts and I had gained a little weight but no one suspected anything, I also found out that it is indeed Rylees child. And I'm hoping for a girl, and so is Brooke.

"Hey girl, so today's the day that your leaving?" Brooke asked me, "Yeah, I didn't think I'd be this hard to leave this place. Do you think that you can help me hook up the truck and trailer and help me load my horse tack?" I asked her, "Yeah, let's go do the trailer. What stuff do you want loaded?" "All my supplements, blankets, tack, hay, all my crap." I said. "Ok" She said.

We got the trailer hooked up and we loaded my tack. "I never realized how much stuff I have!" I said laughing "Yeah I know!" Brooke responded as we both laughed.

"You already have your part ready? Let's get my personal stuff, mom and dad just left." I said to her, "Yeah I got my part ready, and your all packed right?" She asked me, "Yeah it's all on my bed, get as much stuff as you can!" I said to her.

We were luckily able to get all my big things loaded up just before our parents got home.

We decided to go out for lunch, and I ate 2 whole meals! "Wow you hungry much?!" Brooke asked me, "Shut up! You try a day in my shoes!" I said and we both laughed.

We came home later than we thought, because we went shopping as a last sister time for awhile. "Brooke, Kassidy! Where the heck were you two?!" Our mom said angerly, "We just got lunch/dinner and went shopping! Nothing wrong with that!" Brooke said totally sassing her, Brooke's the favorite so whatever she says goes. "Ok, you two go and do something just don't leave the house please, there's been cougar sighting around town." She said to us both, "Ok will do!" We both said, "Jinx!" I said!

I went up to my room and made sure that all my stuff was ready to go. I heard a knock on my door, it was Brooke. "Hey, you know your gonna be fine. And you know the reason she's so hard on you is cause she was just like you once, other than she told dad... She just didn't want you to end up like her." Brooke said trying to cheer us both up. "I know, but I guess it's to late for that! Don't be like us 2 when your my age!" I told her. We looked through scrape books and talked about all of our good memories together till it was time to leave.

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go." I said sadly, "Ok, I love you sis, good luck and please always know that you can come to me for anything. And you better keep in touch!" She said, "I love you too little Bobby, I promise I'll keep in touch! And I'll come to you if I ever need anything." I replied to her, "Ok, well you better get going before sunrise. Till we meet again big Kassie." She told me. We both were choking down our tears. I turned the key and started the truck, my new life and my new journey is beginning.