Chapter 12 ~ The Rodeo

I got there 30 minutes before the rodeo started so after I unloaded Rose I went and got some food then watched for a little bit.

While I was watching I heard a familiar voice behind but I didn't know who it was till I turned around. I think it was a mistake.

"Hey Kassidy." I heard a man say, I turned around and it was Rylee. "Hey Rylee." I replied "So... I haven't seen you in a while." He said, "Yeah" I replied and I stood up and started walking back to the trailer.

"So how have you been?" He asked cause he was following me. "Good tired but good." I said, "Cool if you don't mind me asking why?" He asked, I got to the trailer and Brooke was the one watching Lena and she was at my trailer waiting with Lena.

I didn't answer him and I walked to Brooke and Lena Lou. "So, what are you doin here??" I asked them, "Oh well, Lena missed you!" She said, "Hi Rylee!" Brooke said cause apparently he was still there. "Hey Brooke!" He said, "So is this why you've been so tired?" He asked me while I took her from Brooke, "Yeah" I responded, "So are you now married?" He asked me, "No" I said, "Ok then..." he responded, "Ok so go" I told him and he left.

"I'm gonna take her and we'll go sit in the stands and watch you!" Brooke said, "Ok!" I said and I saddled up and put my Victoria tack set on with some white polos and pink/red bell boots.

I warmed up and waited to run.

Next up is Kassidy Anderson! She's a Wyoming cowgirl and is going to make a big come back! Here she comes!

I heard my name and I walked Rose down the alley and I let her trot then when we got to the top I let her go. I kissed and kicked and we turned first. I grabbed my over and under and hit her to second, we almost hit second but I got a nice leg lift over it and it stayed up. I kicked her to third we turned it and I grabbed my over under and hit her. I came out and brought her to a stop. I walked her for a little bit and while I was walking I heard them say my time and it was an 18.56!

I came in first! I hopped off and gave her a huge hug! We're gonna kick some butt in the barrel pen this year!

I got back to the trailer and put my sea foam purple and sliver rope halter back on and untacked her.

"GOOD JOB GIRL!" Brooke came up behind me yelling with Lena. "Thank you girl!" I said. I took Lena and we put the car seat in my truck then I put her in and she fell asleep. I loaded Rose in the trailer. I locked everything up and sent Brooke to claim my check for me.

Brooke came back and said, "This is $4,588!" "Yeah I know!" I said sarcastically. We both started laughing. "Ok I've gotta go. Rose wants to go and Lena's asleep in the car. See ya soon!" I said to her, "Ok see ya!" She responded and we both left.

I dropped Rose off and got back home! I put Lena in bed and I got myself ready for bed. I crawled in and I thought about my day and my conversation with Rylee, that was awkward! I kept thinking about that and I must've fallen asleep while thinking about it...