Chapter 14 ~ I Love You

801-258-2367: Hey Rylee! This is Kassidy I was wondering if we could talk about you and Lena?

I sent a text to Rylee and I'm not expecting a response. Even though he said that he wants to be in her life and help out I don't believe him one bit.

I got up and quickly showered before Lena awoke.

I got out and put some lotion on then my clothes. I got a little bit of mascara on and went to the kitchen. Right when I was making some pancakes Lena woke up.

I went in her room and got her and fed her a bottle. After she had that we came out and I let her play on the floor with some toys and her blanket under her.

I flipped the pancakes and watched Lena. She such a cutie! The pancakes finished and I fished them up. I drenched them in syrup and sat down on the couch.

•••

It's been 3 hours and still not response from Rylee. I put my phone away and called the babysitter to see how Lenas doing. She's doing great and she told me not to worry about her.

I saddled up Casper. We worked on patterning and lots of drills. After he got finished I unsaddled him and let him loose in the arena. After him I work Rose on the same things and pulled Casper in and let Rose out.

I got Nala out and worked her with some simple but great roping drills then we ran some cattle with Marks help.

I again brought Rose in and let Nala loose them did the same things with Luke. After while Luke was out I cleaned his stall. I also got 8 others cleaned.

I finally finished up and got in the car. No response from Rylee. I'm pretty sure that there's not gonna be a dad in her life but that's ok. It's not her fault that her dads a total jerk. It's his life that he's ruining not hers not mine his. It's his choice to take this amazing little girl out of his life.

I got home and the sitter left. I sat down on the couch and we watched Mickey Mouse till she fell asleep for her nap.

I put her in her crib and I made myself some lunch. A delicious homemade foot long sandwich.

I started eating and changed the channel to Hallmark.

*3 hours later*

"Lena it's ok." I said calmly as I quieted her down. She just woke up from her nap. I gave her a binky and she calmed.

Later we had some pizza for dinner and she rolled over for the first time! She can already sit up and stuff but this is her first time rolling over.

I played with her and when it was time for bed she was definitely ready. I put her in her pjs and I gave her a bottle to help her fall asleep and as she was falling asleep I whispered to her "I love you! And that's all that matters."