Chapter 11 ~ Day Off

What am I going to do today? Oh I know! I'll find a rodeo or something.

I looked online and found a rodeo to go to so I entered me and Rose in barrels. It doesn't start till like 6:30 so I still have the whole day to myself since someone's watching Lena and work got the day off.

I got up and put on some white converse and took orders to the post office and got them shipped and I went to the fabric store and bought some more fleece Velcro and embroidery floss.

I got home and I called the babysitter to see how Lenas doing.

"Hello?" She said when she answered the phone. "Hey! This is Kassidy, I called to see how Lena's doing?" I told her, "Oh she's great!" She replied, "Ok! Thank you!" I responded.

She hung up and I got back on with my day. I sat down on the couch and I found my order list and it was ten pages long! My goal for this is to get at least one page done.

My first was a custom pair of baby pink 8 foot long reins. It's easy to make them it just gets slightly boring at times.

I finished that and packed it. I got out a galaxy tailbag and a jar of treats and got those packed to go out. I also put an extra surprise in there of sample treats for our new kind!

I finished the first two pages at noon so I decided that I'd make myself some lunch and get ready to rodeo.

•••

I got out my pants and my blue doughnut rodeo shirt and put my pants on and took my shirt out to the truck.

I came back inside and packed some water and snacks in a small cooler and loaded that in too.

I got in and started the truck. I drove to the barn and hooked the trailer up.

I came inside and while I was saddling Luke up I heard someone whistling. I didn't know who it was. So I started to saddle up faster so I could get outta there but when I heard it come behind me I turned around and it was just Mark.

"Hey Kassidy!" He said, "Hey!" I replied and grabbed my bridle. I bridled Luke and hopped on. I took him in the box and had Mark let the calves out and practiced his roping.

I did the same with Nala and she was a total butthead but we ended on a good note.

I loped Casper thru the pattern and he did great he already knows to switch his leads so all he really needs to learn are those tight turns and he could use a little more patterning but he'll be good to go soon!

I got off Casper and unsaddled him. I guess that Brooke didn't bathe him at all this summer I thought that I'd at least hose him off.

I was hosing Casper down and Mark was holding him for me.

I finished one side and as I moved to the opposite side I sprayed Mark. "You little..." He said and trailed off. I started on the other side and when I was about done he came up behind me with the water bucket that had the sponge in it and poured it on me!

"Gotcha!" He said and I sprayed him so he was as soaked as me.

After our water fight I put Casper away Mark left to change and I got Rose out and ready to go.

I loaded her up in the trailer and made the stop back home for some none wet pants and put those on and drove to the rodeo.