Chapter 9 ~ The Next Day

"Kass wake up." I heard Brooke whisper to me, "What?" I said groggily. "It's time to get up." She said, "It's five in the morning!" I said loudly. "I know but so what you always woke up this early." She replied, "Yeah that was before I had a baby." I said and sat up and got out of bed.

"I'm gonna shower." I told Brooke and I grabbed a long sleeve grey slight crop top some light wash ripped jeans underwear and a bra.

I turned my music on and washed my long strawberry blonde hair.

I got out and I put my outfit on and I put my hair in Dutch braids and put a little mascara on.

I got out and Lena was crying. "Kassidy!" My mom raised her voice at me. "Mom she's a a baby!" I told her and quickly went to her.

"Good morning little girl!" I said as I entered to room. I got her out and fed her.

I got her bathed and put a cute little red velvet romper on her.

"Hey guys!" I said when I got downstairs. "Hey!" Caleb said, "What's for breakfast??" I asked, "Waffles!" Brooke replied.

Breakfast was delicious! It's been so long since I've had homemade waffles!

"Do you wanna go for a ride??" Brooke asked me, "Yes!" I replied "Can I come?" Caleb asked, "I guess..." Brooke said.

"I'm going to put her down for a nap then we'll get going." I said and I got Lena Lou to sleep and we went and saddled up.

I swung my leg over Casper and waited for the other two to get on.

"Are you two finally ready?!" I teased them both, "Haha, very funny." Caleb said and we all started laughing.

"Race ya to the meadow!" I said and I kicked Cas and he took off. Brooke and Caleb caught up but I still kept the lead and beat them up.

"I won!" I said to them when we got the horses to stop. "Yeah yeah..." They said, "I remember when me and Kass came up here with the horses and swam in the lake then we would go and roll in the mud if we could find any!" Brooke said laughing, "I know! And that one time that we got back at like midnight and mom fell asleep on the couch and we barely got in without getting caught!" I said, "I remember that! You guys scared the crap outta me!" Caleb said, "Yeah and that one time that me and Brooke came and banged on your window then your door then I came running in with a clown costume on!!" I said I was laughing so hard that I started crying.

"That one was soooooo good!" Brooke said, "To you guys!" Caleb yelled out. "We should get going back..." I said, "Ok but no race back!" Brooke said, "Ok I guess..." I said and hopped back on Casper and we headed back.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We got back at like 1 pm and dad was playing with Lena and mom was trying not to show affection for me or her.

"Where did you guys go?" They asked as we walked back in talking and laughing. "We just went on a little trail ride." Caleb said, "Ok" she said and I sat down on the ground next to dad and Lena.

"She has your eyes." My dad told me, "I know." I replied, "Can I talk to you in private?" He asked me, "Yeah" I said and picked up Lena and went outside to the barn.

"Kassie, she looks a lot like you and Rylee Goodman." He said, "Yeah so." I said, "Kassie, is he her dad?" He asked me, "I'm not going to answer you unless you promise not to tell anyone! Nobody! Especially mom!" I said, "Ok is he her dad?" He asked again, "Dad!" I said, "What!" He said, "Yes he is." I said quietly, "Ok. You know something that you can't tell anyone?" He asked me, "No" I replied, "Your my favorite, I love your siblings but you are my favorite. And no matter what I won't say anything and you better believe it!" He said, "Ok" I replied, and we walked back inside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We are dinner and it was an awkward silence cause my mom was still pissed. "Would you two just talk to each other?" My dad said finally breaking the silence. "I don't know, even if I talk to her she won't talk to me. And it's not like she even likes me." I said, "Nope" My mom said. "Fine just make it hard for all of us!" He said and got up with his plate and put it in the dish washer.

There was more awkward silence till we all cleaned up our dishes.

I put Lena to bed and I put on a loose grey pj shirt with some shorts sweatpants that have black and white stripes on them.

I came downstairs and Brooke started a show and we watched the movie till it was over and went to bed.