Chapter 10; Two Extra

(Told from Harry's point of view)

I could feel every eye boring onto me. Loki's voice was reverberating in my ear. What did he mean by "flip Cedric Diggory's slip over paper over?" I didn't like where any of this was going.

As I passed Dumbledore, he looked at me, not smiling. I turned into the room next to the table, and saw the three champions sitting in there, in front of a fire.

Fleur turned back over to me. "Do zey want us back in ze Hall?"

She clearly thought that I had been there to deliver a message, but I couldn't get the truth to force its way out of my mouth.

The door behind me burst open, and Mr. Bagman grabbed my arm. "Extraordinary!" He said, patting me on the back. "May I introduce you to the fourth Triwizard champion?"

Fleur thought it was a joke. Cedric and Krum didn't answer. Something else flickered in the back of my mind.

The door opened again, and a large amount of people filed into the room. There were the three heads of the schools, along with Barty Crouch, McGonagall, and Snape.

Madame Maxime and Karkaroff started to bicker with Dumbledore. Some force that wasn't in my own mind seemed to be begging me to do something.

McGonagall nor Dumbledore seemed to think I was guilty of anything just yet. When Dumbledore could finally get Karkaroff and Madame Maxime to back off, he leaned over to speak to me.

"Did you put your name into the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"No, but—" I say, trying to tell him about Loki's very blunt observation.

"Did you ask an older student to put your name into the Goblet of Fire?" He asked.

"No." I say. "But check Cedric's slip of paper." I blurt, unable to stop myself.

Dumbledore looked confused. He slipped his hand inside his robe and took out a burned piece of paper with Cedric's name on it.

Dumbledore flipped it over, and gasped. The piece of paper drifted to the ground, where a name written in neat calligraphy was clearly visible.

Loki Laufeyson.

"Potter, get Mr... Laufeyson." Dumbledore muttered.

I didn't waste a second. I would have given anything to leave that room right now. I immediately stood up and left the room.

I could spot Loki among the heads of all the students. He looked up and spotted me, and without even asking, he walked up to me.

"You're name's on—" I start.

"I know." Loki said, adjusting his collar absentmindedly. He looked at me, a confident smile playing around on his face. He walked into the room and spread his arms wide.

"Greetings, headmasters, headmistress." He announced, walking forward into the room. Everyone but Dumbledore looked quite surprised with Loki's dramatically confident introduction. He strutted in and leaned on the couch that the other three champions were sitting on.

"Did you tell Cedric Diggory to put your name on his slip of paper?" Dumbledore asked. He wasn't nearly as calm as he was when he had asked me, in fact, I could detect a hint of anger in his voice.

The corner of Loki's mouth twitched. "No."

Dumbledore's expression was calculating. I don't think I'd ever known someone that could infuriate him this much. Loki definitely fit the bill.

"Did you trick Mr. Diggory into writing your name on the back of his slip of paper?" He said.

Anyone who didn't know Loki well would have been incredibly confused. And that's exactly how Fleur, Krum, Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked.