Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Jemma's therapy with Dr.Hirsch had been going better than expected. After the two weeks the therapist had been there, Jemma had almost gotten over her fear of water.

Today was the first time after the flashback that Simmons had taken a shower without anyone standing by. Usually, Skye or May would stand outside the bathroom if she needed any help, but today she was on her own. She felt completely different than the first shower after starting therapy. The water was just there, and plus she had other thoughts to take her mind off of it.

She was worried about Fitz. Now that he knew that he had lost two months, she knew he'd want to know everything, but she didn't know if she was ready for it herself.

What about the missions she tried so hard to forget? What if she broke down?

After taking a shower and changing, Simmons looked at the mirror to find her spot around her eyes was red. She realized she had been crying in the shower and she almost laughed at herself.

"So cliche," she whispered with a weak smile. Jemma opened the door and left for Fitz's room.

💩

💩

💩

"Hello," Fitz said as she walked into his room. He managed to lift up his unbroken arm a little to wave. A physical therapist had come in as well in the past two weeks who was working with Fitz, and had helped him restore a lot of strength in his neck and arm.

As Simmons sat down next to him, his face twisted with confusion and realization.

"You.... fell?"

"What? No, I didn't fall, Fitz. What are you talking about?"

"You... fell out of... a plane." Jemma's stomach dropped. She knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Ye-yes, Fitz, I did. But how do you know? It was during the first month you forgot."

"Your.. clothes. And the fire ex-ting-uisher." He weakly pointed at the extinguisher across the room. Then he rubbed the back of his neck. She looked down at her clothes, and realized it was similar to what she had worn that day.

Jemma was crying now.

"Oh, Fitz, I'm so sorry that's the first thing that came back. It was painful for both of us."

"Whe-where was I?"

"You were helping me find an antiserum. When I fell, you tried to go out after me, but someone else came and took the antiserum and parachute from you." She refused to use Ward's name for Fitz's sake.

"Oh." He smiled a little, and Jemma leaned over and patted his leg.

"I'm going to go talk to the therapist. Tell me if you remember anything else, okay?"

"Okay. Bye." Simmons bent down, kissed his cheek and walked away.

They were both blushing.

(Feeeellllsss to come)