Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Simmons' P.O.V.

I was finally back, and I was worried.

Was Skye upset with me for leaving without telling her? Had the team changed?

How was Fitz?

But when I stepped out of the plane, all of my worries faded. The team, except for Coulson, who was with me, was waiting for me with a few new faces.

Skye ran to me and pulled me in tight.

"They didn't do anything to you, did they?" She whispered, and I hesitated.

"...No, I'm okay. It's so good to see you!" I pulled away and greeted the others. May looked somewhat pleased to see me, and so did Triplett.

And then I saw Fitz. Fitz, who I hadn't seen for what seemed like years. Fitz, who seemed to be okay.

I smiled, speechless.

But he looked at me with confusion, looked down at his feet, turned around quietly and left.

"Fitz? Fitz!" I cried after him, and I turned to the others for help. Skye looked at me with a look of confusion, and May and Coulson were watching Fitz with pure shock.

He walked away. Fitz had never done this before. We had been apart before, but neither of us ever walked away.

"I, I should go after him," I said, and Coulson gave me a nod of approval. I started walking, only to be interrupted

by a voice with a British accent behind me.

"Excuse me, you're Simmons, right?" I turned around to the man who was speaking. He was one of the new people, with quite short hair and the slightest beard.

"Yes, that's me. Who would you be?"

"Lance Hunter, Mercenary."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, but I must be go-"

"So you're Fitz's friend?"

"Y-yes," I said, a bit of anger rushing through me. This guy could talk.

"Do you happen to know if he went out

with any girls in the past?" What was he talking about? I almost left, but I wondered if he might shut up if I answered. I rolled my eyes.

"Not that I know of. We weren't exactly the popular type." This made him frown and look at his much taller, more muscly friend, who shrugged.

"What is the point of all of this?!" I exclaimed, showing them I was clearly

not in the mood.

"Sorry, sorry... Just, be careful." Be careful? What does that mean? A million possibilities popped into my head. I knew he been hallucinating, so that was one.

Without saying another word, I ran down the hallway.