Chapter 1: Welcome to My Life

|| Madi's Point of View ||

"I don't understand John, just sign the damn paper", my mother whisper yelled, yet it was loud enough for the whole house to hear.

"Elizabeth, please, it doesn't need to be like this, we could..", my father said, trying to ease with her.

My mother cut him off with a loud slam of her hand on the table. "Don't give me that bullshit, just sign the goddamn paper", my mother spat, hatred anger dripping from her words.

This time, my father fought back. "I WILL NOT SIGN THE FUCKING PAPER, I INTEND ON KEEPING THIS FAMILY TOGETHER AND I WILL NOT LET YOU TEAR WHAT WE CREATED APART", my father yelled, making me flinch at the sudden change in tone.

"I DONT CARE ANYMORE JOHN, IM DONE. I DONT WANT THIS ANYMORE" she said angrily.

The remaining part of the heated argument between my parents consisted of them shouting just about everything they disliked about eachother. My dad called my mother out on her affair, she called him out on not doing his part in their relationship, and so on. Seemingly ever swear word was used, as if that helped solve anything.

I didn't really bother to listen closely to the rest, it just resulted in the same thing. My dad refusing to sign the divorce warrant, and my mother storming out, and driving herself to a bar, where'd she try and solve her problems with the help of alcohol.

This was a nightly occurrence at my house. Every night, instead of falling asleep to the quiet, peacefulness of my house, I'd be kept up by the screams and shouts of my parents. I'd gotten used to it by now, but that didn't mean it didn't bother me.

It was on nights like these that I'd find myself crying myself to sleep , until the point of utter exhaustion. Sometimes, I couldn't sleep; the arguments between my parents having scared me to that point. I pray to God every night, asking him to somehow heal the split in my parents relationship, though I knew that was impossible.

Glancing over at my clock, I saw it was 2:00 in the morning. Knowing I would need as much rest as I could get, I decided to try to fall asleep.

In attempt to go to sleep somewhat happy, I pulled out my iPhone, and opened vine. Scrolling through my profile, I clicked on the vine that I'd watch every night before I went to sleep. "Goodnight beautiful, whatever you're going through, I know you can get through it, please stay strong", the hazel eyed boy said, and the vine ended

That hazel eyed boy, you may ask, is Matthew Espinosa. The one person on this earth I can find happiness in.

The vine ended, and a smile crept on my face. And with that, I felt my eyelids close, and I fell asleep.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't introduce myself.

I'm Madison White, and welcome to my life.