Chapter 19: Breaking Down Walls

|| Madi ||

I was in the middle of a "date" with Matt, which just consisted of us chilling out in Nash's room alone.

We just watched movies, and ate popcorn the whole night. I won't lie, we did cuddle.

And surprisingly, I didn't resist anything. I willingly let Matt wrap his arms around me, and bring me to his chest. I let him kiss the top of my forehead, and hand feed me popcorn as a joke.

"This is way better than any restaurant", he laughed, and I nodded.

I got up to go to the bathroom, and after I made my way back, I paused in the mirror to look at myself. I had taken all my makeup off, leaving me in a tanktop and sweatpants. It was 11:00 at night. I wasn't going to try, even if I was hanging out with a guy.

"I look like a boy", I said, disgusted with myself. "Sorry you're forced to see this"

Matt chuckled, and shook his head. He stood up, making his way over to me.

"You don't look like a boy", he mumbled, pushing some hair behind my ears. "You look beautiful"

I shook my head.

"No I don't, but thank you though", I said politely.

"Yes you do, gorgeous. Stop being stubborn and believe me" he teased, poking me in the stomach.

Much to my dismay, I let out a slight giggle. I was the most ticklish person ever.

He raised his eyebrows at me, and smirked. "Ticklish, are we mads", he said.

"No, not at all. Course not", I stuttered nervously, his 5 11" frame towering over my short one.

"Hmm, I think you're lying to me. Lying isn't nice you know", he taunted.

"Matt please, I'm not", I said.

"I wouldn't be so sure", he laughed, and grabbed my waist.

He slung me over his shoulder, and pinned me to the ground.

"You wanna tell me the truth, Mads", he grinned mischievously.

Before I could answer, his hands were already on my sides, poking and prodding at me.

I burst into a fit of giggles, and tried to pry his hands away.

"Matt, s..stop", I giggled.

He shrugged his shoulders, grinning at me.

"Why, your laugh's cute"

"MATT PLEASE I CANT BREATHE", I laughed, begging him to stop.

He stopped for a moment, his hands still pinning me down. He leaned in, and I tensed up a bit. We were about to kiss, but I felt my phone ring.

"Yeah Caroline"

"Mads, I need you"

***********************************************

"She's here, yeah...No, I don't know...I don't know Jack!", I said into the phone.

Caroline looked up from her bed and watched Me pace back and forth phone in hand. I had made it back with Caroline soon after she called, and was currently trying to console her.

"You want to talk about it hon?" I said, as I sat next to her, running my hand thought her hair.

Caroline shook her head and hugged her pillow tighter.

No matter how tightly she shut her eyes and how desperately she tried to block it out, the memories seemed to have invaded her mind, filling in the dark spaces.