Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Zoë’s POV

I get an overwhelming amount of money from relatives, and bunches of clothes from my mother and father. My brother made me a CD of all the songs I like, and a homemade card that made my cry a bit. Sophie excitedly handed me a small box with polka-dotted wrapping, and I tear it open. Taped to the walls of the inside of the box were 6 gift cards. One for Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Gap, Bloomingdales, Vans, and Topshop. I can’t believe how much stuff she got me. I understand, though, because her parents are relatively wealthy. There’s one more thing in the center of the box, and I’m even a little frightened to see what else she had gotten me. When I lift off the tissue paper, I’m too excited to even feel guilty about the money she’d spent.http://www.gadgets-reviews.com/uimg/31/nikon-1-j1-pink.jpg

“Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Sophie!” I yelled, hyperventilating. “Thank you!” She smiled at me.

“No problem, love. You’re going to need it.” She winks at my parents, and my father walks over towards me. He is holding an envelope, and I notice his shaking hands. What could be this big?

“It’s from Liam.” My father says. My heart starts beating fast. He hands the envelope to me, and it takes all of my strength to wrap my fingers around the corner of it. Why now? After so long? I carefully tear it open. There’s a letter, and two other paper-y pieces, but I will save those for later. I take out the note, and begin to read it to myself.

Hey, Zo,

I’m sorry we haven’t talked in awhile. Life’s been really busy,

and I’ve been a jerk to not try and make time to talk to you.

I’m still in England. I miss you like crazy. That’s why I got you-

well, lets not spoil the surprise. ;) I regret not reaching out

to you. I hope to see you again soon.

Bye, love

It feels so good to have him say something to me. I set the card on the table. I missed him so much. I get back up and am about to play the movie, when I remember his present, still in the card. I rush back, tearing it open. I empty it onto the table, and two tickets fall out.

“Oh my god,” I breathe. I take a closer look at the tickets, just to check. Two round trip tickets to London. “Wait, 2?” I ask, and my parents nodded.

“We were going to suggest you go with either your father or I, but we’ve reconsidered. Since it’s your 18th birthday, we’ve decided to let you go with Sophie. We know you girls are responsible and mature enough to handle yourselves that far away. We’ve already talked to Sophie’s parents, and they agreed.”

“When do we leave?” I ask, smiling.

Sophie cuts in, “June 3rd! We’ll be gone all summer. And I’ve already planned out all the malls to hit!” Her chestnut colored hair bounces as she speaks. I’d known Sophie since preschool, and she’s pretty much stayed the same all this time.  Sometimes her energy is overwhelming, other times you can’t get her to speak at all. She could be bubbly and loud one day, and quiet the next. It all depends on how people treat her. She’s kind of a drifter, and just does whatever.

“Sounds good.” I say, trying to contain my excitement.