Eavesdropper

???'s P.O.V

"...Might I ask, who is this person?" Jennette's voice came muffled through the door as I listened quietly for (Y/N)'s answer, with my ear pressed against the cold, metal door.

All was quiet, meaning she was either hesitating on telling or not willing to tell her at all. Finally, her muffled voice came through the metal door.

"Sir Meta Knight."

I silently gasped to myself, I knew it! I clamped a hand over my mouth to stay quiet. Jennette's let out a startled gasp as well before speaking,

"Sir..Sir Meta Knight?!" She squeaked out.

"I know I know!" (Y/N) cried out, followed by some footsteps, "That's why I'm thinking I might've gone mad! Surely this will pass but, why? Why must I like him? Him of all people!"

I frowned, 'She really thinks she's not good enough? Well, can't say I've never known the feeling.' I thought to myself. I heard her sigh before continuing,

"I just don't know what to do. And to think of his reaction! I'd be kicked off the ship no time flat!" Her footsteps continued, my only assumption could be that she's pacing.

Her pacing suddenly stopped before sounding rushed, "You must promise not to tell a single soul. Please, I beg of you, Jennette."

Jennette was quiet, thinking of her next words. Before her muffled voice finally responded, "Very well, I promise." I could hear (Y/N) sigh with a low, "Good."

It was silent again, and all that was left in the air was the tension. Jennette then broke it by clearing her voice and speaking lowely,

"Let's...let's go clean...yes...maybe that'll take your mind off of things." Jennette said softly. I quickly scrambled to hide behind the door so that when they open it, they won't see me.

Sure enough, the door opened and out came the two girls heading towards what seemed to be the cleaning supply closet just down the hall.

I quietly peeked out from behind the door and watched as they walked away and thought to myself,

'Oh (Y/N), what were you thinking?'

~In the Kitchen~

Your P.O.V

It's been a good hour since Jennette and I had our conversation in my room. And as expected, we were both extremely quiet, as none of dared to break the silence as we scrubbed the floors of any dirt and grime.

This went on for quite some time, even a couple of maids had come in, noticing our strange behavior, and   asked if we were OK. To which we had no choice but to respond "Yes."

After another 30 minutes pass by, Jennette asks me the same question, "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged and responded, "The same as before. I really don't feel any different."

Jennette sighed, "Oh, how I wish I knew a better way of making you feel better." She said sadly as she dipped her sponge into the blue pale and continued scrubbing.

I sighed and set down the sponge, "This is pointless. I just have to face the fact that I like him." I stated

Jennette was staring at the floor, but her eyes were...blank? Why were they blank?

"Jennette..?" I gently nudged her shoulder until she snapped back into reality. "Oh, I'm sorry, were you saying something?" She asked, dumbfounded

I sighed and sat across from her, "No, just coming to terms that I need to face the facts." I said

She looked at me curiously, "What made you begin to like him in the first place anyway?" She asked

"Well," I started "I dunno, he just seems so mysterious, and brave, and protective..." my voice faded as if not wanting to cooperate.

Jennette just studied me, as if trying to decipher my emotions telepathically, which didn't seem to be working. I could feel my face grow red that made me look like a little strawberry.

Jennette then reached over and poked my cheek, "Boop." She said with a giggle. I blushed even more and turned away, "Jennette, don't make fun of meeee." I whined

"Alright alright, how about we bake something? Maybe we can bake a cake." She suggested. I shook my head and stood up,

"I think I'll pass, we should probably ask Rosemary if we should get ready to make supper for the knights." I said. Jennette nodded and stood up. "Right then, let's go then shall we?" She asked.

In that moment we both headed off to find Rosemary, I felt a pair of eyes watching me from the door behind me. I turned to see who it was, but there was no one.

"(Y/N), are you coming?" Jennette asked from the dining room. I stayed silent and stared at the door. "(Y/N)?" Jennette said with concern. "Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm...fine." I responded hesitantly. "Let's go."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wonder who that was, hmmmm??? Feels great to be back, by the way. Hope you enjoyed! Peace out ✌