The Book

Your P.O.V

Chapter 1: What to expect

"When you think of love, what is the first thing you think of? Perhaps you think of the person who makes you sway with just their voice alone."

"Or maybe you think of newborn, in search of their mother as they crawl around searching for attention."

"Nobody has the same examples of love. I for one, have none at all. I've no need to set one foot into the strange emotion."

"I've seen many people in my life submerge themselves into it only to be rejected, heartbroken, or miserable. So why bother?"

"Perhaps there is someone out there for me that I haven't met yet. Or maybe, I've already met them, but have been too closed minded to notice them."

"In any case, a man like myself does not need to get caught up in anything of the sort."

"There is a part of me that wonders however, what would it be like? To be able to hold someone longer than just a few seconds and actually be comfortable with?"

"To place a gentle kiss on the cheek to show that I will be there for them, no matter the cost."

"Or to just show them,
.
.
.
.
.
.
....that I love them."
.
.
.
.
.
.

"No, I doubt that moment would ever fall upon me. And even if it does, it will be a very long time from now."

"There is no point to stress about it now at least."

"But of course, it is the least of my concerns."

End of chapter 1

Your P.O.V

I woke up to a small shake on my shoulder. I groaned in annoyance.

"(Y/N)....(Y/N)....wake up..."

I raised my head from the book I accidentally used as a pillow last night and gazed sleepily at whoever decided to wake me up from my deep sleep.

Staring back at me were two yellow glowing eyes that belonged to a small round figure. I recognized him instantly as Sir Meta Knight.

"I'm sorry to have to wake you, but I needed to ask you a question. Would you consider perhaps joining me on my mission?" He asked quietly.

I plopped my head back into my arms and mumbled loudly enough for him to hear me, "Sir, with all do respect, I don't believe this is the best way to ask someone to go on an adventure." I said with my eyes closed.

"Yes yes, I know. I apologize for making such a last minute plan. Normally I don't do this, but something told me that I should probably bring you with me. I promise I will make it up to you as soon as possible."

I sighed and picked my head up slightly, "Do I need to pack anything important?" I asked.
He nodded, "Only your sword, armor, and clothes shall do for now. If you would like to carry and extra bag for anything else, that would be fine too."

I got up from the comfy chair and stretched. "Ok, I'll go grab my stuff." I responded. "No need. I have already packed your things." He said as he pointed towards my sword, that was already sheathed, and a large duffle bag, presumably with the armor I'll need. Next to that, was another bag.

It was a smaller leather backpack that seemed to be empty at the moment, as it sat there lifelessly. I blinked out of confusion...did he really..?

"Y'know what? I won't question it." I thought to myself. I walked over to the bags and picked them up, carrying the duffle bag on left shoulder and my sword over my right since it had a little strap that allowed me to do so. I grabbed the lether bag in my hand and looked calmly over at Meta Knight.