Chaper 19

Abbie

Phil parks the car outside of the hospital and holds my hand.

"Are you ready to see Baby Lester for the first time?" He smiles sweetly, drying to get out of the car himself.

"I guess so!" I laugh, and get out of the car. We're going to see out baby for the first time... Should I be this nervous?

I begin to shiver with excitement and nerves as we reach the reception, but Phil holds my hand tightly.

"Hi, we're here for an Ultrasound, Phil Lester and Abbie Aldrin." Phil says, leaning on the table.

"Right this way," she says unenthusiastically. You'd think she'd be as happy as we are, but then again she sees this everyday and she doesn't even know us. She points to a door and race walks back to her desks. Phil smiles at me and holds my hand as he opens the light brown door into a room that's almost pitch black. I swallow a lump of fear in my throat.

"Hi, guys. Are you here for your first ultrasound?" Says the doctor, eyeing me up and down.

"Yeah, the first" I say, shrugging and staring at the ground.

"Don't be nervous! Everyone is on there first time, but there's nothing to be worried about. Lie down here please," she says in an American accent and points at the bed. I sheepishly lie down and pull my shirt up to my ribcage. Phil takes a seat on the small chair beside mine and holds my hand, rubbing circles with his thumb. He doesn't look scared at all, just excited but calm all at the same time. I have a shitstorm of emotions and feelings flying around my body... We're going to see out baby for the first time!

The nurse pours and oily liquid on my stomach. I jump in shock, expecting it to be warm.

"This is just so we can see the baby better," she says, looking at the screen. She gets her camera and places it in my stomach. I close my eyes for a moment and open them quickly. All I see are black and white squiggles in the screen. The doctor looks frustrated. She glides the camera all over my stomach and frowns.

"What's the matter?" Phil asks, taking a deep breath and adjusting his position.

"Don't worry about it," she says and pours more of the cold liquid on my stomach.

I look at Phil with a cautious look. I can't make out anything in the screen, but I'm only a month and a half pregnant!

"Hold on a second" she says and rushes out of the room.

"Phil, what's the matter?" I ask, my heart starting to pick up it's pace. He just shakes his head and looks to the ground, he has no idea either.

The doctor walks in with a Middle Aged man, who I'm presuming is a doctor too.

"Doctor Rickman would like to take a look at your baby.." She stutters nervously. He puts the stethoscope on and moves the camera around my stomach.

"How long are you pregnant?" He asks, still focusing on the screen.

"A month and a half according to the pregnancy test" I say.

"No," he mutters. I raise my eyebrows at Phil. He raises one back at me.

"I'm very sorry, Mr. And Mrs. Lester... there is in fact no baby in your womb. You're not pregnant. This often happens.." He says in a low voice before leaving the room.

I'm not pregnant?

I breathe quickly for a moment, feeling all the pain from the past drop on me again. The one tiny bit of magic, the TINY piece of happiness has been taken away from me before I even got to realise what it was.

I sit up and lean my head back against the wall, breathing out deeply. A tear falls down my cheek, followed by hundreds more. Phil loses his grip of my hand and walks out of the room sadly. I stand up and pull my t-shirt down, forcing myself to leave the room, walking across the room in a deep depression, only caused a few minutes ago. I open the door and see Phil leaning against the wall, covering his mouth and almost choking on his tears. I don't say anything, I just hug him.

"There isn't a Baby Lester..." He whispers, leaning his chin in my head. I start to cry hardly into his chest. I breathe in the lovely smell of his cologne, making me feel a little more at ease, although the only thing my life relied on just disappeared. "I still believe there's a Baby Lester.." I whisper. "He or she mightn't be in my womb just yet, but it will be one day. Because you, Phil... You're going to be the father of my children. The father of our children" I say, smiling slightly at the idea of little black haired beauties running around our apartment. I feel him smiling.

"Come on, babe. Let's just go home," he says. He wraps his arm around me and we walk out to the car park, not saying anything.

Dan

What does Michaela want from me, seriously? I understand that she wants space, but why tomorrow? Why that specific day? I bet she doesn't even know, she's just trying to make me want her more... Which I'll admit is working!

I look out the window and see Phil walks into the house and falls into the couch without even saying anything.

"Hi, Phil! How did the ultrasound go?" I ask, not taking the obvious hints that he's clearly upset.

"I don't want to talk about it.." He mutters.

"Talk about what?" I ask. Is the baby sick?

"Nothing. Because there is absolutely nothing to talk about. Because there is no baby!" He shouts before slamming the door and running upstairs.

No baby? They're getting married tomorrow... There's no way they'll be on form!

I chase up the stairs after Phil.

"Phil, please it's okay! This sometimes happens, but there's always another chance!"

"Dan, please leave me alone! I'm going to bed now, and I don't want to talk to you until tomorrow!" He closes the door and I hear him sulking quietly to himself.

Why doesn't anyone want to talk to me until tomorrow?!

Michaela

I carefully zip the plastic cover off my dress, keeping my eyes shut. I peel the cover off and bounce up and down excitedly holding the dress in front of the mirror. I open my eyes slowly to unveil a gorgeous aqua blue dress. My jaw drops at the sight of this... Dan will love it!

I take my t-shirt off And leave my shorts on... Because the effort of taking them off. I. Pull the dress over my head and fix my hair so that it hangs down my shoulders. I turn around and stare in the mirror at myself.

The dress hung off one if my shoulders and slipped indeed the other. The dress for darker in shades as it went down and ended just above my knees, proofing out slightly. I smile at myself in the mirror, extremely pleased with the way I was going to look tomorrow. Dan will love it too!

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Hi guys, Phil and Abbie... Really sad moment:( the book's gonna end soon... Are you as sad as I am? Probably not, because this is shit:L

I'm listening to MCR and nobody will go outside so I'm stuck listening to the lovely band, and the vicious cheers of my brothers playing FIFA downstairs... KILL ME.

Xxxx <3