1

The room was silent not a single noise could be heard beside my breathing. I was seating on my couch in my living room.

When did this house become silent? 'Ever since she left' the voice in my head said. Katie my ex wife. Me an Katie were together for eight years since we were seventeen.

We went in the same high school then we were in the same college and when we finished I decided to propose to her.

The day she said yes was the best day of my life. Four months later we got married. It was a big wedding because Katie always wanted to 'go big or go home' according to her.

It was great, the first two years were blast but the last year of our marriage was different. Something was missing like the love was just gone.

We tried couples therapy and we were getting better until one day I walk on my wife fucking my best friend in our bed.

The funny thing about the situation is that she didn't ever bother to stop she just looked me in the eyes and continue to ride him.

I was angry,hurt and sad. My emotions were all over the place. I was sitting on my couch waiting for them to finish and when they did Scot was shocked to see me there.

He was pale and on the edge of collapsing. "Ben listen I know" I raised my hand to stop him from talking "Pack your shit and get the hell out of my house and may this be the last time you ever came in this house. "

 She just went in the room and only a few seconds later she came back all packed. "You were planing this didn't you?" "Of course I don't want to stay even minute with the man that I don't love any more.

I filled for divorce the papers are on the dining table. I see you in the court." With those words she left.

And now four months later divorced and alone I am  doing the best thing I know since that day and that is alcohol.

Lots and lots of alcohol. My brother Jim was coming every single night for the past four months and I was always in the same position sleeping on the floor because I had too much to drink.

But tonight was different I wasn't drunk I was focusing on the papers in front of me. I needed to pull myself together.

For a long time I wanted to take over our dad's company but because of the situation I couldn't. Jim never wanted to be the CEO because he was a photographer so he was the company's manager.

I was so focused that I didn't even heard my brother coming in the house. "Wow this is new I thought I was going to find you passed out on the floor."

"Not tonight brother not tonight. I am finally taking over and i am going to succeed." "I am so glad to hear that Mark it was about time for you to pull your shit together."

"Yeah tomorrow I am coming to the company and hopefully I will have a board meeting. I will introduce myself so we can start working I hope they will except me."

"Don't worry they will they are rough but good people." "Well I hope so because I really want to make dad proud."

"You will brother you will."