Chapter 56

Il n'y a qu'un bonheur dans la vie,
c'est d'aimer et d'être aimé.
(There is only one happiness in life,
love and to be loved.)

Luke's POV

I leisurely walked down the stairs, thinking of many vast things but, one thing that was on my mind was a girl. A girl called Kelsey Willard and once again was she invading my mind, occupying all my thoughts, infesting me again. I couldn't stop it and the more time I spent around her the more my feelings grew and they were all coming back and I truly didn't know what to do. I was stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

A knock on the door knocked my out of my perfect trance like state. I sighed, seeing no one in sight. Where was everyone? Why was the house deserted? I answered the door nonetheless. "Mr Brooks?"

"My father?"

"Luke Brooks?" The short man asked and I nodded slowly, "these are for you." He handed me a dozen flowers.

"I didn't order-"

"Mr Brooks I was told to deliver them to you that is all." I nodded at the man thanking him and closing the door. I turned over the small card, my eyes gliding over the handwritten note. You said you liked roses to me once wonderboy - Kelsey

An unfamiliar warm feeling spread through me and once again she invaded all of my personal being and all I could think of was her. All I wanted was her. All I needed was her.

What the hell Luke? You can't think like this. She hurt you remember?

I swallowed, listening to that inner voice. She did, didn't she? I clenched my hand around the roses as I entered the living room. "Why do you have roses?" Maddison asked me slowly.

I gripped the roses, "they were delivered to me."

"By who?" A smile spread over my mother's face as she turned towards me.

"Kelsey." I answered lowly.

"Kelsey sent you roses?" My father mused, "She must really love you huh? Nobody sends me roses-"

"Sebastian you don't send me roses."

"My presence is good enough darling."

"I dislike you very much." My mother crossed her arms glaring at her husband.

"I think I love Kelsey." I blurted out without thinking. "I mean-" I stumbled, "It's complicated, I don't know. I don't know if I love her. She's just there. She's always there. She's doing all of these things and I feel sick." I ran a hand through my hair.

"Awhhhhh my baby is in loveeee!" My mother sang, wrapping her arms around me.

"He said think Alya." My father shook his head at my mother, "You have to be sure before you do anything. We don't want both of you getting hurt again Luke."

"I feel sick from all of this."

"You're just torn brother, it's quite clear that you love her but you're just afraid of getting heart broken again." Maddison pointed out.

"You're in love with Kels?" My brother tugged on my black shirt and I stared down at him the word causing a feeling of nausea.

Love

You're in love?

You love Kelsey?

The statements rang in my ears, echoing over and over again making my head thump and a dizzy spell to fall over me. I couldn't do this. I was a monster. I wasn't capable of love. I wasn't capable of any emotion really. This was all too much. "Excuse me." I spoke breathily, shoving my way out. I rushed to my room and left the flowers on my table. I stared at them, the thoughts overpowering me and I itched for alcohol to calm my nerves, to calm me down, to calm the situation down.