Chapter 33

Luke's POV

I scratched at my hands nervously. Today was the day of our annual auction for my foundation and I couldn't quite comprehend it. My head buzzed and a dull ache formed. I tried to calm myself but, I wasn't able to. It had almost been two whole years since she had died and this day made it worse but, somewhat better also. My heart ached and a lump was stuck in my throat, nonetheless, I painted the utmost brightest smile upon my face and climbed out of the fancy car. I waved at the paparazzi as their cameras never seized to blind my already impaired eyes. I walked down the carpet, spotting my parents with Jaxon. My mother's carnation pink dress caught my eye, the flowers across the top of her body made the dress even more beautiful. The dress made my mother's skin glow in perfection.

I smiled graciously as I saw my sister gracefully walk down the carpet. Her black, long-sleeved very very deep plunge dress made me internally frown. I didn't want disgusting people ogling my little sister. It made it even worse that she had a leg slit. I made a small frown but, she smiled widely at me. "You bought me this so, don't frown." She whispered to me when my hand lay on her waist. I chuckled.

"Well, I didn't expect you to wear it to this. Even father is frowning."

"Oh hush the pair of you." My mother smiled proudly, pulling me closer as we took a family photo. Our photos were disturbed by a sudden pause and silence.

"Who's that?"

"Who is she?"

"Has anyone ever seen her?"

I turned my head and I believe that my jaw also dropped and my heart stuttered in its rhythm. The fleeting fawn-coloured dress hung on her most beautifully and highlighted the best of areas. Golden roses descended down her dress, stopping midway. Her dark hair cascaded down her back. Her pale skin and freckles shone but, most of all the most perfect feature of her stood out. Her eyes and smile. I inhaled a small breath, realising my breath had been caught in my throat. I forced myself to regulate my breathing as I strolled towards her.

She blushed shyly as I leant towards her, "You look breathtakingly stunning and every other synonym meaning beautiful in this language and every other ma chérie." Kelsey blushed even brighter and I smiled bearing my pearly teeth. I held out my hand in open invitation and she took it graciously. We walked with poise down the carpet, stopping for photos on the way.

Once we got into the venue, my anxiety skyrocketed. I noticed the hustle and bustle of the reporters, celebrities, ordinary people and family. "Breathe Luke." Kelsey squeezed my hand, throwing on a glamorous smile as she waved at some of my family members. "You've done this many time. It's no different." But it was! It was much more different and she wouldn't know that. She wouldn't understand how long it had been without my grandmother. "Come on Wonderboy you can do this." She encouraged me with a smile.

I let out a silent breath and scanned my eyes over the crowd, "how are you so calm?"

"I prepped myself for an hour for this."

"Why didn't I think to do that?" I gave her a dazzling smile and she smiled warmly.

"Oh Kelsey, darling you look lovely." My Mother complimented her.

"Not as wonderful as you Mrs-Alya." Kelsey corrected herself with a small nervous smile.

"Take care of Luke," My Mother raised an eyebrow with a teasing tone, "he's quite the dancer."

"Mother." I groaned in embarrassment. She smiled before turning on her heel.

"Your dress is the most beautiful thing ever!" Maddison squealed. "You just pull it off!"