Chapter 40

Luke's POV

I stood near the door, scrolling through my phone and answering business calls for a few minutes. My shirt was tugged on and I looked down to see Jax. "I'll speak to you later Baker." I slid my phone into my pocket and picked up my brother. "Good morning bub!" I exclaimed with a bright smile. I only cared for him and my sister nowadays.

"Good morning Bubba." He smiled brightly, "I have a presentation today. Can you come please?"

I nodded eagerly, "of course I will!" I smiled.

"Mr Brooks, your car is awaiting you." I nodded and muttered a small thank you.

"Goodbye Jaxon, I'll see you later." I smiled softly as I left my home and sat in the car.

I internally pitied myself and created a sad atmosphere but, externally I was that Luke. The fake Luke that they all wanted. I delivered that façade easily without a bat of an eyelash. Everything had been going fine for every other couple. Francis and Caitlin were perhaps inseparable now. Kaden and Kelsey were very much in love. Kris and Nolan-I hadn't heard from hem but I'm positive it's the same for them as well.

Well, that's what I would have said a few days ago but, that is a complete lie now.

I watched Kris run into my room without knocking, which was uncanny for him. His eyes were blotched and red like he had been sobbing. His bottom lip quivered and he wobbled on his feet. I stood up quickly and he fell into my arms. I held up him upright as he held me tightly. He sobbed into my chest and my heart broke hearing his cries. "Kris?" I hummed softly, holding him whilst he cried. "What happened?"

Kris stayed quiet and I did momentarily. "Come on Potter, tell me. I'll make it better. I always make it better." I coaxed him.

"You can't make this better."

"I can make everything better Kristopher. Tell me what happened."

"Can we just-" Kris pointed at my small sofa and I nodded. I let go of him and sat down and Kris decided to sit with his legs over me and staring up at the ceiling. He inhaled a large breath. "You know Nolan? We were meant to go on a date and he stood me up. I waited two hours for him Lu and he didn't turn up." Anger bubbles in me when Kris' voice cracked, "I tried to text him after and he just read them and didn't answer me." I gripped Kris' leg with a nasty, distasteful glare "I was walking down the street before and someone called me a faggot and I turned around about to give them a piece of my mind but guess who I see? I see him with them, laughing. He didn't defend me or anything." Kris burst into tears.

"Kris." I frowned, rubbing a thumb over his leg. "Nolan? The Nolan that you made love eyes to and were bold and shit too?" I couldn't believe that sweet innocent Nolan would do such a thing.

"Yes." Kris cried.

"Kris, listen you don't fucking need him okay? If he can't see that you're a bloody king then he doesn't deserve you. If he can't see how amazing you are, then he must be blind. You're not at a loss. He is. He's lost everything because you are the full and best package someone could get."

"You say all the right things you know?" Kris sat up with a small smile on his face as he dried his tears.

"I wouldn't be Luke Brooks if I didn't." I grinned at him, "don't worry your pretty little head over anything Potter. I'll take care of it."

"Luke, stop with that look. Don't hurt him."

"I won't do anything. I'm only taking care of it."

And I certainly was taking care of it. I took matters into my own hands and I said to myself that it would only be civil talking. "Nolan, can I have a word?" I raised a brow, interrupting his conversation.