Chapter 1

Lance was piloting the Blue Lion through hordes of Galra to get to his friend that he sees as a sister.

Pidge.

He could see her struggling to fight off the Galra surrounding her. "Lance! What are you doing?!"

"Saving Pidge, that's what Keith!"

He hopped out of Blue without grabbing his bayard, although it seemed rather stupid at the time, but he could see that Pidge had an injury on her leg so he intended to pick her up and carry her to Blue since they brought the Blue, Yellow, and Red Lions.

Blue, I need you to defend us, okay?

Of course my Paladin.

He started to sprint and dodge anything that blocked him from Pidge. He even managed to pick up a gun that one of the Galra dropped. He used his sharpshooter skills to fire at any Galra that was advancing on Pidge. After what seemed like forever, he reached her.

"Lance... why are you here? You should've left without me..."

"Pidge. I will do anything to save you. You're like my sister after all, up here in space. Now come on, let's get you to Blue."

Lance picked her up and started to run back to Blue.

Paladin! There is Galra coming onto your tail!

Thanks Blue! Can you come here? I'll put Pidge in you and hold them off. If I get overtaken, fly away. Get yourself and Pidge to safety. Don't worry about me.

Paladin... please... don't do it...

But she still opened up for him to put the Green Paladin inside the Lion. "Pidge, get to a seat inside of Blue. I am going to hold them off."

"Lance, no!"

But the mouth closed behind him and started firing at the soldiers advancing on him.

"Lance get out of there!" Shiro shouted to Lance through the comms before a Galra soldier hit his head, knocking off the helmet, thus causing Lance to not respond or hear any of his friends.

Blue, get out of here now!

Paladin!

NOW!

He sent that mind message to his Lion before another soldier hit him again and knocked Lance out. The aliens cried out in victory and picked up the Blue Paladin. The Blue Lion roared her loudest roar yet and took down the vile Galra but couldn't take out the ones holding her Paladin without hitting him so she managed to grab his helmet and flew off with Pidge back to the castleship.