Chapter 6

Lance flew the pod to the nearest planet, not knowing that the castleship was behind him.

"Where can I go?"

He saw that one of the nearest planets was Arus so he decided to land there. But something made him stop. They abandoned him so why would he want to return there? He just couldn't face them again without feeling betrayed. He pulled up a map of what was near him and saw a nearby planet called Kalof that was fortunately habited and seemed like a fairly nice place to live. He made his decision to land there.

~~~~

Back at the castleship, the team was trying to find the pod that escaped the ship. They tried contacting it but no one answered. It was already flying away when they decided to send out the Lions to try and take a look for the pod. It couldn't have gone far by that time though.

"If it is Lance, we could check Arus first." Coran said, throwing out an idea for the Paladins.

"How about this. The castleship, along with the Yellow Lion, goes to Arus. The Black Lion checks where the ship exploded, just in case. That leaves the Green and Red Lions to look through the rest of this area." Allura said. They all nodded and went on their way.

~~~~

"No, no, no, no, no!"

Lance was crash landing since the pod didn't come out of the explosion in the best shape. At this point, he could see a city out in the distance, but he wasn't going to land in it luckily.

"Pull up pull up!"

He tried to make landing gear come out, slow down, anything that wouldn't result with him dead. He barely managed to turn the pod so that it wouldn't land face first. Lance started to unbuckle himself from the seat to get as far away from the impact point, but the pod was falling too fast.

The pod hit the ground, knocking the Paladin unconscious.