"Roses." || Seokjin/Jin || « part two »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/n: Thank you so much for 58k reads! I hope you all enjoy and have a wonderful day/night! ☀️🌈💕✨)

Requested by: @I_Am_The_MULTIFANDOM

Song: "I Love You" instrumental cover by Kyungso
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M/N's P.O.V

I was scared, so very sacred. These nasty, black thoughts crowded my mind, making me think things I never had before, not until now. I wanted to tell him how I truly felt, but every time I was about to utter the words that were on my mind; they became lodged in my throat, too scared to release themselves into the brisk, morning air.

I felt so pathetic, pathetic that I couldn't confess. Those stupid, Hollywood movies made it seem so easy to say I love you to your crush, but it's not as easy as it seems. Though I didn't have the guts to confess, I still placed those beautiful, different-colored roses in his locker every day. I adored the sparkle in his beautiful, brown eyes as he walked towards me, holding the singular rose in his hands.

Every day during lunchtime, he would go on and on about who he thought his secret admirer could possibly be and how he hoped he would get to meet the sweet person. His wishful words were like slaps to the face, telling me to man-up and just say those three words that ate away at me before someone took him away from me.

I tried and tried to confess, but every time I would chicken out. I desperately wanted to be with him; to hold his hand as we walked down the sidewalk during the day or night, to gently kiss him goodnight before falling asleep next to him. My heart painfully ached for him, the longing was slowly killing me inside and out. I was just so scared he wouldn't accept my feelings. I had too much to lose from him saying no and I didn't want to risk it.

But wasn't life all about risks and taking chances?

"(M/n), are you okay? You've been staring at you food for nearly six minutes now." I blinked, turning my head towards the sound of his soothing voice.
"What?" I asked, trying to act like I had been paying attention instead of getting lost in my thoughts, yet again. "Did you say something?" He lightly shook his head, sighing as he glanced down at his steaming-hot food.
"I asked if you were okay." He repeated, taking another bite of his beef-flavored ramen that he'd picked up from the cafeteria. "You know, you keep dazing off and I'm beginning to worry." He peered up at me, his eyes meeting mine. "I'm always here for you, (M/n), so if sometimes bothering you, you can tell me." I lightly nodded, the gears in my head spinning as my tongue attempted to form proper words.

"Can I ask you a hypothetical question?" I abruptly asked, not understanding where the sudden burst of courage came from.
"Uh, sure." He replied, setting down an empty ramen cup and his chopsticks. "Shoot."
"If I was hypothetically in love with you, how would you react?" I intently stared at him, my heart ready to break into pieces as the seconds slowly ticked by. "What would you say?"
"I would tell you I love you back." He stated, glancing over at me. "Why?" He gazed up at me, but I couldn't bring myself to meet his gaze this time. He had answered the question so simply like he had answered it millions of times before.

My cheeks began to burn as I struggled to find the answer to his question; what if it was a trap? What if it wasn't?
"I really like you," I whispered, staring down at my untouched peanut butter sandwich that I had packed for lunch. I felt the butterflies in my stomach run rapid, almost becoming too much to bear.
"I like you, too." He answered, grabbing my hand in holding it in his. "I know this will probably sound really cliché, but would ups be my prom date?" My head began to spin, it was almost like this was a dream.
"Of course! I'd love to!" I smiled, gently squeezing his hand in mine.
"Really?! Oh, I was scared you'd say no!" He sighed in relief, causing me to chuckle at his overdramatic reaction.