"Just Friends..." || Jimin || « part two »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/n: Thank you for 73k reads, that's amazing! I hope you all enjoy and have a wonderful day/night! ☀️🌈💕✨)

Requested by: @I_Am_The_MULTIFANDOM

Song: "You Let Me Down" by Monty Datta
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M/N's P.O.V

I brushed a hand through my (h/c) hair as worry began to eat away at me. I deeply inhaled, sitting down on the black couch in the living room. The feelings never seemed to fade: the anticipation, the concern, the fear. I wanted to speak to him; I didn't want to upset him further, but at the same time, I wanted to rush over to his house to bearhug him, telling him I'm sorry for whatever I did.

My thoughts ran wild as I tried to think of something, anything, to fix the tension between the two of us. He's my best friend I couldn't lose him over something that I unconsciously
"What did I do?" I hoarsely asked aloud, knowing no one would answer me. "He hasn't answered my messages this entire weekend, we were supposed to practice for the play..." I felt tears begin to prick in my eyes as I silently began to blame myself for this whole ordeal.
This whole thing was stressful to think about, making me want to simply curl up into a ball on the couch. I knew I shouldn't blame myself for something I didn't know about, but I couldn't help it; I felt like I had done something wrong and there wasn't anything I could do it fix it.

I sighed, turning onto my side as I began to glance around the room, trying to occupy my time. The sudden ringing of my phone, drew me out of my thoughts, forcing me to sit up and answer it. I pressed the accept button, not caring who was calling me as I placed it against my ear.
"Hello," I spoke, wondering who had called me.
"Hey, it's me." Jimin's sudden voice filled the silent room, but it wasn't the same warm voice I had grown to love; this voice was broken and hoarse as if he had spent hours crying. "We need to talk." Panic filled me as I began to remember all the things I did today, but then, it hit me that maybe he would finally tell what I did wrong.
"About what?" I asked, hoping he would tell me what was wrong. "Did I do something to upset you?" I heard him sigh before muttering something.

"No, you did nothing wrong. I'm the one who's at fault here..." He assured me, causing me to let out a soft sigh of relief. "I need to tell you something and I know you'll probably be uncomfortable after this."
"Okay," I mumbled, scared of what he had to say. Words are powerful, powerful enough to start wars and end them.
"I've... I've liked you for a long time, but I know you like girls and I'm sorry I have feelings for you." He stated, my mouth widening a bit in surprise." I know you can't change who you are and I won't try to change who you are. I hope... things aren't different between us..." I nodded slightly, stunned by his words. This couldn't be happening, this couldn't be real.

After two minutes of silence, I began to hear soft sniffles from his side of the line.
"Please, say something." He whimpered, his voice sounding as if was about to cry.
"I... I don't know what to say." I remarked, my mind warping with questions and thoughts.
"A-Anything, just say... anything." He whispered, his voice cracking as his sobs emitted through the phone. "P...Please."
"Jimin, I... I like girls." I stated. "I love you, but as a friend." His sobs grew louder, breaking my heart with each whimper he let out.
"I-I kno-know... t..that's wh-why it h-hurts." He sobbed before muttering to himself how he was an idiot for falling in love with me.
"Hey, you're not an idiot. Love isn't a choice." I assured him, wanting to make him feel less pain. It pained my heart to hear my best friend crying his eyes out because of me.

"You're... so kind and... I-" His voice cracked, causing him to stop mid-sentence. "I-I love you so much, but you... you don't... l-love me b-back." My eyes began to pool with tears as the pain in his voice grew and grew.
"I'm so sorry," I mumbled. "I don't know how to fix this." He sniffled, trying to regain himself.
"I.. don't k-know either." He whispered, his voice hoarse as he spoke. "Are we... still friends?" I smiled softly, hoping we were slowly making progress.
"Of course," I answered, only to hear him sharply inhale.
"I t-think I need some time to myself." He spoke, still strutting slightly. "If you need me, I'll be at my apartment."
"Does this affect our friendship?" I inquired, desperately needing the answer to this question.
"Yes." He replied. "This affects a lot between us." I nodded, understanding how he was looking at the situation.

"I'm sorry," I spoke, desperately wanting to take the pain away from him. "Do you want to come over, so we can talk about it?"
"N-No, I'm fine at home." He quickly responded, his voice sounding as if he were about to cry again. Suddenly, his sobs began again, slowly growing louder. I tried my best to talk him down, but he ignored my words.
"I n-need to g-go." He stuttered out, quickly hitting the end call button. I sat there on the couch in a daze as my broken heart fluttered, he sounded so hurt, so scared, so sad. I wanted to be there and hug him. Rub his back and sing softly into his ear like I always did when he cried, but I knew he wouldn't want to be near me, right now. That's understandable considering how much pain his poor had endured tonight, I wish I could take some of that pain away.

This can't be real, this can't be happening...