Let him in you silly girl

"Shit Jac"
"I'm such a fucking heartless coward Sacha. I'm so mixed up "
Sacha pulled her into his arms and held her tight. Jac Naylor who did not cry allowed a solitary tear roll down her cheek.
"I actually really,really like the guy Sacha. He's too warm and kind to be with someone like me. I would ruin him and then  how could we work together." She smiled  "we work really well together. I would miss him if he wasn't there and I would miss the banter if we tried to be together and then it fell apart"
"But what if it didn't fall apart Jac?"
"But it would Sach"
"Imagine how good you could be together if it didn't hun"
"I can't let myself think about that because I can't let it happen"
"What made you kiss him?"
"I don't know"
"You like him, you fancy him perhaps " sacha suggested
Jac giggled uncharacteristically "he looks hot in scrubs and he has sexy forearms"
Sacha guffawed "sexy forearms ?"
"What, it's a thing" she huffed
"You're pissed Naylor"
"You tell anyone about this Levy and I will personally kill you"
Jac paused for more wine. She was going to regret this in the morning, she was going to regret a lot of things in the morning
"I saw Evie"
"Uhuh?"
"Even she said he talked about me all the time, was totally into me and I should go out with him"
"It's almost as if it's meant to be" sacha said with sarcasm worthy of Jac herself. He laughed "the thing is, everyone can see you two would be amazing together apart from you"
"I'm not prepared to break his heart Sacha. He means too much to me"
"God you are infuriating Jac but I've never seen you dither around like this when it comes to men"
"I value his friendship, it means a great deal to me"
"Fletch obviously wants more than friendship but that's what it's based on. You don't think you're both strong enough to handle being a couple"
"I can't , I can't" she cried
Sacha enveloped her in his arms again
"You know I have had my heart broken so many times Jac but it will never stop me taking a chance"
"You're a fool then" Jac said affectionately
"I could say the same to you sweetheart"
Jac sighed heavily.
"I've made such a mess of everything and I've really hurt him. Not good enough for me? Who am I kidding- he's too good for someone like me"
"Darling, I'm afraid you're going to have to speak to him"
"Couldn't I just pretend it never happened? Just go back to normal?"
"Well you could try but I can't see that working"
"I knew you'd say that you big lump. I love you" He chuckled softly "I love you too"
Jac's breathing slowed and Sacha realised she was asleep
"Oh let him in you silly girl" he whispered lifting her small frame upstairs to her bed