Final Chapter

Christmas morning one year later. It was 4am when the onslaught started.
" Mummy he's been, he's been"
Jac yawned "you must have been a very good girl baby"
"Emma is everyone else up?" asked Fletch not bothering to open his eyes
"Just me, Ella and Theo"
"Why don't you open your stockings together darling and play for a bit. Give me and your mum chance to wake up"
"Ok" she said skipping off
Jac turned sleepily into Fletch's chest and he wrapped his arms round her
"Merry Christmas Mrs Fletcher" he said kissing her forehead
"I know it's only been a week since the wedding but I already love being called that by you Mr Fletcher "
"It's been quite a year. This time last year you were in a hospital bed"
"I was but knowing I had you to come out to spurred me on you know. I hammered that physio"
"You were exhausted babe"
"I was and thank you for forcing me to take more time off after I was discharged"
He laughed "sweetheart I've never been able to force you to do anything you didn't want to"
"You underestimate the effect you have on me Fletcher. I mean Jac Naylor, ice queen, married and living with 5 kids. Who saw that coming"
"You mean other than the rest of the hospital apart from us?" He joked "you didn't make it easy for me though did you. Constantly pushing me away, denying your feelings. Not to mention the nearly dying all the time"
She playfully punched him
"I can't help it if I got shot"
He held her tighter "I can't believe that fucking maniac nearly took you away from me"
"Don't Fletch and anyway that whole thing brought us closer together "
"Yes you're right"
"I will admit that I didn't make it easy for you trying to get me to move in here with you and your four children"
"Tell me about it, even after you stayed here over Christmas and New Year when you were discharged"
"Well you wore me down didn't you? And then put a ring on my finger"
She held her hand in front of her admiring the solitaire diamond and the plain wedding band.
He took her hand in his "it was a great wedding wasn't it?"
"It was"
"And you don't mind not having a honeymoon?"
"Fletch. Over the last two years this lot have been looked after by so many people because of me being ill, I feel better that we didn't and we had our wedding night at that posh hotel"
"Mmm yes we did" he nuzzled her neck
"You can cut that out Fletcher, you've got a Turkey to cook"
He just laughed "I do love you Jac"
"And I love you"

The End