Chapter 2- Missing Merman

Shiro was swimming around the sea trying to find Keith, Shiro had confronted Keith about him skipping his classes and him not being responsible. He was worried the humans had taken Keith away or had killed him, Shiro was looking around the area he was swimming into try and find Keith. He then swam back to the kingdom since he had given up on looking for Keith and he knew Keith would come back eventually. Shiro had swam into the cavern and took a nap hoping Keith would come back by the time he wakes up.

Keith was watching the surfboard float on the surface and was curious on what it was and how it worked, he was swimming around it to try and make up a plan how to take it without disturbing the human and having to interact with it. His tail had hit into the surfboard and the human had fallen off of it, Keith had grabbed the surfboard and looked back at the human noticing it had tan skin and it's eyes were closed. Keith had quickly swam back to his cavern that he shared with shiro but realized that shiro could still be mad with him and he would be even more mad about him stealing something from a human, Keith had swam a great distance from the cavern so he decided to check on the human again since the human seem interesting and he wanted to give back the surfboard feeling somewhat guilty about it, Keith had noticed the human wasn't anywhere to be found so he swam back to his cavern which took him about an hour because he had gotten distracted by fish swimming by and he decided to get some food for him and shiro.

Keith had slowly and quietly entered the cavern looking around, he had put the fish on a table which was made of clay and leaned the surfboard against the wall of the cave. "Keith!" Shiro had yelled and hugged Keith from behind making Keith flinch and made his fins point upwards being startled by Shiro. Shiro was getting prickled by the spines on Keith's Back so he let go and turned Keith around to face him, Shiro had a worried expression, "shiro, calm down I'm okay-" Keith had said before being interrupted by shiro, "you should stop running away like that! You can get hurt or a human can capture you, do you know how much trouble you would be in?" "The human and I will be hunted down and killed, or be tortured, or used for bait or food." Keith mumbled crossing his arms and he looked at the floor. "Good, and thank you for getting us food." Shiro said trying to Change the subject so Keith doesn't storm off again, he had noticed the surfboard but he didn't say anything about it since he wasn't in the mood to start another fight with Keith, Shiro had gently patted a big smooth rock to show that Keith should sit down and enjoy the food, Keith nodded quickly and sat down, Shiro had sat down on another smooth rock and ate with Keith, afterwards they got ready for bed and went to they're parts of the cave and slept.