Chapter 2. Norman's Job Oppertunity.

When he got home, Norman's anger had died down. He pulled into the driveway of his house and got out, leaving the box in it. When he opened his front door, his little cat nammed Sunny immediately came running up to him. She purred and darted around his legs. Norman knew it was a ruse. What Sunny REALLY wanted was some food. So, he got her some. And unsuprisingly, she ate, then completely ignored him.

Norman then got himself a plate of Pizza Rolls and a can of RC Cola out of the fridge, sat on the couch and proceeded to watch some movies.

A knock at the door instantly got his attention. He got up and walked to the door, then slowly opened it.

A man stood on his porch wearing a black suit with a blue tie, and holding a clipboad. Norman disliked him on sight, thinking he was just another annoying salesman trying to sell a vaccum.  

The man took a second before he began to speak.

Man: Good Afternoon sir.

Norman: Hi.

Man: You are Norman J. Droid, correct?

Norman: Yeah why?

Man: Sign here please.

He held out his clipboard to Norman, who signed it

Man: Here ya go. Have a ncie day.

He handed Norman a letter, then turned on his heal and left.

Norman closed the door, then opened the letter, setting it on table. 

ADHOC Corp.
117 Nowhere LN
Inkwell Isle, Pacific OC, 32119

Dear Mr. Droid,

It has come to our knowledge that you are quite the catch on a few places. You have good charisma, you have decent knowledge, and you know your way around electronics. This letter is to inform you that because of your qualifications, you have been given a job by the ADHOC Corportation! 

As you may know, ADHOC is one of leading companies in the technological world. We've already had numerous breakthroughs, outdoing Aperture Science and The QUALIA Corporation. But, we need dedicated employees, and so thus, we want you!

Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "Okay, how do these people know who i am?" And we'll tell you! ADHOC has many partners in the technological world. And your former workplace was one of them. So, to shorten it. We got you fired. So you could come work for us instead.

We do hope you make the right choice, and come work for The ADHOC Corporation. Because unlike other companies, we are built with a purpose!

Sincerely, ADHOC

After reading it, then re-reading it a few more times. Norman came to a conclusion. 

A. He had just struck jackpot

Or 

B. This was fake. 

ADHOC? What the heck was "The ADHOC Corporation"? Why hadn't he'd heard of it? What even was "Inkwell Isle"?

He knew there was only one way to find out.

He was going to accept the job.