Chapter One

(George POV)

I waited for my eyes to focus on the figure, terrified and waiting for it to turn around and see I've woken up and attack me. The fear turned into confusion when I realised who it was.

"Reece?!" I said, surprised.

"George?!" Reece said, just as surprised upon hearing my voice. He turned to face me, but he didn't look at me.

"Wait, where's Blake? He was with me." I asked, furrowing my eyebrows as I looked around the room for another figure.

"He's not here," Reece replied.

"I- I don't think they took him, they only came for me," I said, closing my eyes and taking a breath.

"Thank god," Reece said with a sigh of relief.

"Why are we here? I haven't- I haven't done anything wrong." My voice broke slightly.

"I don't know, I haven't either." Reece's voice was cold.

Reece and I aren't close. We never were. Sure, we've been friends since we were young, but I don't know much about him and he doesn't know much about me. It was always Blake and I or Reece and Blake, never Reece and I. It's not that we didn't get along or we didn't like each other, we just never really bothered to get to know each other. I guess this might change things.

If we stay alive long enough.

We stayed on opposite sides of the small room in silence for what was probably hours. Or minutes. There's no clock in here, so I'm not really sure. All that was in here was a small mattress on the floor with a couple of blankets on it. This time of year it's freezing, to stay alive in this cold room we would need more than a couple of blankets. I looked around the room again and noticed there were two doors, one metal door that looks impossible to escape from that was next to me, and one normal wooden door near Reece.

"What's in there?" I asked.

"Don't know," Reece answered bluntly, not taking his eyes off his fiddling hands.

I stood up to walk over to it and almost fell over. I put my hand against the wall to steady myself, praying everything would stop spinning.

"Careful, whatever drug they gave you is still in your system, you'll need a couple more hours before you'll be able to stand properly," Reece said, looking up at me for the first time since he recognised my voice.

"I'm fine," I said as I tried to walk. I fell straight back down to the ground.

Reece sighed. "Told you. Are you okay?" He asked, moving closer to me, but still keeping a bit of distance.

"Yeah," I said, wincing a little as I sat up. I hit the ground pretty hard. "How long was I out for?"

"Maybe five or six hours."

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"I'm not entirely sure. I was in here a few hours before they threw you in."

"Did you see their faces?" I asked hopefully. Maybe I could make some sense of this.

"No. They had masks on."