Epilogue- Knock Knock... Surprise!

Two days of patching up the wounded,burying the dead- of which there were far too many for my peace of mind- and making sure everyone headed home safely.

Maya and Mick were going to stay at the Houston House. Franklin Harte was found dead after the battle,and Mick planned to step in as the Head,at least until a permanent replacement was found. They would take Angel with them, and would ship her to me when she was weaned or as soon as we had somewhere to stay permanently. But Mark was coming with us. I was a little apprehensive about that,since I didn't actually know him very well. But,hey,Hunters can use all the help they can get when travelling,hunting or not. However,it made the already tight fit in the van even tighter. We ended up piling two deep in some cases. Cass and I alternated sitting on each other's laps,and nothing stopped our griping at each other for boney this or that. Finally,Kio made me sit in his seat- the first layer in the middle row was Cass,Kio,Dylan- and lay across us. We shrieked and laughed and shoved him off. Eventually,Ryder got fed up. He switched Kio and Mom,and I ended up sitting on my mother's lap like a little girl. When we got to a motel that night,needless to say we were all sore and grumpy. “alright,minimal essentials only go in. we're only here for the night. Mary,go get the keys.”

“ugh,Ryder,I just spent the last six hours cramped in the backseat.”

“and I've been driving for those six hours.”

“yeah,driving. The only person in that seat! Not cramped with everyone else!”

he threw up his hands,shaking his head,and walked away. I didn't realize until that moment that Dylan had entwined our fingers. I smiled as we went to the very back to get our things. When Ryder got back,he looked a little apprehensive. “what? Is something wrong?”I asked. I knew that look. He got it when he felt watched. But he shook his head and smiled reassuringly. “nothing. Just a paranoid old man.”he put one arm around me and one around my mom and we went to our room. Two beds,I don't know sizes. I collapsed on one, sighing tiredly. I must have dozed because I was startled awake by a knock on the door. Ryder stored his sword on the other side of the bed and Ellen quickly shut the bow in the closet. I laughed silently at them as Mom went and opened the door. Outside was a girl. “hello,”She greeted the girl at the door kindly. “can I help you?”

“maybe. Are you Ellen Watchers?”

“yes.”

The girl,who looked a couple years younger than me, looked nervous and uncomfortable. And cold. She shivered and Mom invited her in. “I've never done this before.”she admitted.

“done what?”

“my name is Hope Teller. I think I'm your daughter.”

----------------

haha! surprise! betcha didn't see THAT one coming! don't worry,I'm already working on Wrath of Dragons. alternating POV between Mary and Hope. yup. if you've stuck with me this long,THANK YOU and if you're anticipating Wrath of Dragons,I'M GLAD! it means I'm doing something right. <3