Chapter 6: Grandmother and Mothers and sisters, oh my!

The girls arrived at the Genovian consulate a bit earlier than originally planned and they were requested to wait in the library. After waiting a few moments, Katya had gotten up to use the restroom, and when she came back she found Clarisse and Charlotte in the room trying to get Mia's attention. She was staring at a painting twirling her hair, and had apparently drifted off into a daze.

"Amelia!" Clarisse finally snapped at her, Mia jumped, shocked and turned around, "Does your bad posture affect your hearing?" She asked her sassily, "Turn." Clarisse motioned.

"Oh, sorry." Mia did a quick spin around and Katya was surprised she didn't get dizzy.

"No, no, no." Clarisse shook her head disapprovingly, "Slowly, turn slowly." Mia did as she requested, "Thank you."

"Well, carriage is obvious

"Well, carriage is obvious. Hairstyle, complexion..." Clarisse began evaluating her as Katya stood back and watched, amused, "Stop!"

Mia froze and stared wide-eyed at their grandmother, "The eyes are lovely," She started sweetly then frowned, "but they're hidden beneath bushman eyebrows."

She continued evaluating, "The neck is seemly, and she has ears like her father." She finished with a fond smile.

Mia smiled bashfully and reached for her ear, "Really? They are?"

"Oh, my!" Clarisse said appalled, grabbing Mia's hand, "Who has nails like these?" looking at the chipped paint on Mia's finger nails.

"Everybody." Mia replied meekly, pulling her hand back and began chewing on her cuticles.

"Well, tomorrow I would like to see clean fingers." Clarisse demanded calmly, "And you will start wearing stockings. Not tights, not socks," Then she looked down and frowned, "and I never want to see those shoes again."

Clarisse then turned her attention to Katya, "Now Katyana, come here."

Katya swallowed nervously and moved over to stand next to Mia, "Spin slowly."

Katya did a slow circle as Clarisse evaluated her, "Hmm Posture could use a bit of work, but isn't horrendous, lovely complexion. Hair could use a touch up, maybe some low lights, and eyebrows are not awful but they do need to be shaped." She then smiled sadly, "You have your father's eyes,"

Katya looked at her brightly and Clarisse cleared her throat and moved on, "beautiful smile; good, straight teeth."

She grabbed one of Katya's hands and was surprised to see nice, clean manicured nails, "Amelia," she looked over at her younger granddaughter, "I thought you said everybody had nails like yours."

Mia rolled her eyes childishly, "Katya doesn't count she's a neat freak."

"Shut up, Amelia." Katya snapped and stuck her tongue out at her baby sister.

Clarisse just hummed, and ignored their childish antics, turning back to Katya, "The shoes and stockings you typically wear to school work just fine, Katyana."