Chapter 7: She doesn't bite, but she will make you dance

That next afternoon, Katya had come down to the soccer field to watch Mia's practice, "Hey

That next afternoon, Katya had come down to the soccer field to watch Mia's practice, "Hey." She greeted quietly as she came to stand next to Michael on the outskirts of the field.

He looked over at her and smiled, "What's up."

Katya shrugged as she watched her little sister get pelted with soccer balls, "Oh you know, fighting with mom, working on my graduation speech... princess lessons driving me batty." She mumbled the last part.

Michael let out a laugh and threw his arm around her shoulders, "Well it sounds to me like you need a break. I'm off work today, why don't we hang out after school?"

Katya frowned petulantly and shook her head. "Can't, I've got lessons today too."

"Oh." He sighed dejectedly.

They stood their quietly watching practice till Katya finally broke the silence, "You could come with me." She offered quietly.

"What?" He laughed incredulously.

She turned and grinned up at him, "Yeah, come with me, you can meet my grandmother, and watch me make a fool out of myself while trying to learn how to be a princess."

Michael thought it over for a moment before smiling back and shrugging, "Sure, I got nothing better to do today. So, why not?"

Katya's smile brightened even more, "Great! So I'll meet you by the limo after school."

He nodded, "See you then."

They said their goodbyes and Katya headed off to next class.

__________________________________________________________________________

Once school was over Katya, Mia and Michael met up together in the parking lot outside of school, and Katya had already informed Mia that Michael would be joining them today.

"Hey Michael," Mia spoke up as they were about to get into the car.

He turned, "Yeah?"

"Do you mind riding up front with Joe? I gotta change." She requested, smiling awkwardly.

Michael nodded, "Oh, yeah sure, no problem." and slipped into the passenger seat of the limo.

As soon as they were all in and Joe had pulled out of the parking lot, Katya slipped up to the window, "Hey Joe, don't bother taking Michael home today. He's coming with us."

Joe looked over at Michael then glanced back at her with a raised brow, "Is your grandmother aware of this?"

Katya grinned and shook her head, "It's a surprise."

Joe hummed but didn't reply.

Mia called out, "Katya move, I'm turning the back seat into a dressing room now. I have to change into a proper outfit for Madame."