Chapter 10: It's a date...isn't it?

The next morning Joe dropped Katya and Michael off a block away as usual, and the two were currently making their way to school, with Lily and Mia walking a couple of steps behind them

"So," Michael started awkwardly, "what are you doing this Saturday night?"

Katya smirked over at him, "Why, you got something you wanna do?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, "The band's rehearsing some new things. We got two new songs."

"Oh, yeah? Cool." She smiled.

Michael nodded, "Plus, we just got the parts in for Mia's 'stang."

"I'm sure she'll be excited to hear it." Katya replied, taking a quick look back at her sister before turning back to face Michael.

He smiled, "I know how much you enjoyed helping me out when we were working on your car, and I figured that we could put Mia's together... together." He finished nervously.

"Sounds good, I'll be there," Katya smirked, "but only on one condition."

"What's that?" he asked curiously.

She tapped her chin lightly, "Let's see, there will be music, cars, and we must include pizza." She smiled.

Michael nodded, "Pizza's a given."

"Of course, and knowing you it'll have M&M's on it. So the only thing that's missing is the definition of whether this is a date or not."

He swallowed nervously, "Do you, uh, do you want it to be... a date, that is?"

Katya grinned over at him, "Well, if you wanted to classify it as a date, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea."

Michael smiled brightly, "Great, so Saturday, it's a date."

"Great," Katya frowned as they got closer to the school and noticed a commotion going on in front. The girls walked over to them.

"What's happening over there?" Mia asked curiously.

Katya and Michael shrugged as the four of them moved closer to the school. There were news van everywhere and all the students were standing around trying to get caught on camera.

"What's going on?" Michael asked.

Maybe it's a protest." Lily responded, pulling her camcorder out of her bag.

Katya walked over to one of the camera men, with Michael following behind her, "Hi, excuse me, what are you all waiting for?"

"There they are right there!" Lana cried from the top of the stairs, "That's Katya and Mia Thermopolise!"

The camera guy grinned at her, "We're waiting for you." He brought his camera up to his face a snapped a picture of her.

Within seconds the two girls were separated from their friends and everyone was calling out for them.