Chapter 15: Don't Piss off the Queen, Wear a Tux

The next morning Katya and Mia were called over to their grandmother's so they all could discuss the previous night's events

The next morning Katya and Mia were called over to their grandmother's so they all could discuss the previous night's events. At the moment both girls were currently sitting in Clarisse's office watching her warily as she read the morning paper.

On the front cover of the newspaper were some pictures of the two girls taken at the party the night before. The first one was of Katya smiling and waving to the paparazzi, Michael standing beside her with his arm around her waist; the second was of Mia's forced kiss with Josh, and the third was a photo of Katya and Michael coming to Mia's rescue after the changing tent had been tipped over by Lana's minions.

After a long bout of silence, "Please say something." Mia whispered nervously.

Clarisse sighed, "Well, there's not much to be said. A picture's worth a thousand words and between the two of you there are three pictures." She tossed the paper onto the desk.

Mia looked a bit dazed as she nodded along with Clarisse's words, "I really embarrassed the family, didn't I?"

Katya frowned over at her younger sister and opened her mouth to deny Mia's claim, but was cut off before she could speak.

"Not to put too fine a point on it, yes, you did." Katya looked back down and continued to keep her mouth shut. "I think you're making a wise decision to abstain from the job." Clarisse agreed as she sat down behind her desk.

Katya furrowed her brow, why was Mia the only one getting harsh treatment. She was at the party too, so why was their grandmother being so hard on Mia?

Mia sighed and looked down sadly, "I supposed I won't come to the ball then."

Katya decided to speak up then," No Mia, you have to come. Your dress has already been bought."

Clarisse nodded, "Your sister's right, Mia. You should come, you're still family. Just because you don't want to be our princess doesn't mean we're going to be sending you into exile."

Katya nodded along with her grandmother, "Mom's still planning on going, and Lily and Michael are invited to come too."

"Yes, all your friends are invited, except for your beach friends." Clarisse added, "Now Mia if you don't mind giving your sister and I a moment to talk alone, please."

Mia nodded solemnly and stood up leaving the room.

Katya sat there quietly waiting for Clarisse to say something, but when it continued to remain silent she decided to speak up, "Are you angry with me too?"

Clarisse sighed, "Angry is not the right word for it, Katyana. You handled the press wonderfully, you were not inappropriately dressed, and you weren't caught on camera kissing some boy. I'm just a bit annoyed that you couldn't keep a better watch on your sister."

Katya looked up indignantly, "That's not fair, grandma, Mia is a fifteen-year-old girl. There's no controlling her at this age, and for you to penalize me for something she did is just wrong."