Chapter 16 : Heartbeat ( Part One )

Disclaimer : I do NOT own Fairy Tail or any of the characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Lucy's Pov

I sighed in frustration, my efforts to catch the attention of our guild master failing tremendously. Never had Sting ever ignored my presence like that and it has been like that for the past few days.

No eye contact, atleast 3 meters distant away from me treating me like I have a deadly virus or something.

Did I do something that made him so upset?

"Lucy-san"

Jolting up in surprise at the sudden voice, Rogue seemed to suddenly appear beside me as I made contact with his ruby eyes.

The fact that his face was void of any emotion yet his eyes was swirling with his true feelings make goosebumps rose on my skin.

"Are you okay? You seemed restless" he plopped his head on the bar counter, his head facing my direction. Then his fingers reached for my hand.

So clingy!

"Ah yes, I'm alright" I replied, blush spreading at my cheeks at the soft touch. He traced the lines in my palm with his point finger and hummed. "Can you tell me what is it that is bothering you? Maybe I can help you with it"

Hesitating whether I would tell him or not -but I told it anyway of course- so that it would not be so rude and maybe I can seek for advice minding Rogue was the light dragon slayers' twin.

"I-it's just Sting won't talk to me or mind my presence at all.." I drifted off, stealing glances at his handsome face.

I'm being honest. He really have the looks.

"It's all about him.. after all.." At my surprise, his cheeks puffed into a small pout as he caressed my hand upon his own. "..and here I was so worried about you.."

No words left my mouth after his short, honest response.

Silence

Silence

Silence

"How about making him something edible?"

I looked at him like he was some alien who came from outerspace. He sighed at my reaction and retracted his hand back. "Was it a lame suggestion?"

I gasped lightly. "Oh no, it's not like that! I'm just surprised."

He plucked an eyebrow up. "Why surprised? You know how glutton he could be"

Pictures of Sting munching on numerous food platter all by himself flashed in my mind. I shivered at the thought. He kept his slim figure thanks to Libra and God knows how big he could get if she had not interfered.

But what food exactly?

I was about to ask that question when Rogue cut me off. "Too bad, I have no idea what he food like the most. He just gobble up everything served to him with delight"

Well, that would be a little difficult.

"Can I accompany you while you cook?"

I smiled at him. "Of course!"

Rogue's Pov

"Wow, you're really good at this"

It has been an hour and a half since Lucy-san began baking. She decided to make a dozen of donuts with me accompanying her.

The sizzling of the oil and the sweet scent of bread and cream threatened my mouth to water.

"Ah yes" she smiled lightly. "I trained hard while I was a kid so that I can cook for my father"

Her father?

"Really? He must be very delighted"

With Lucy-san making dishes as deliciously looking like this, any man would be glad to have her.

"Well..." her face contorted into something else. Sadness. "I would be glad if he did"

She's not sure?

Somehow I made the atmosphere really thick as awkwardness enveloped the air.

"A-ah.."

I have to think of something else.

"W-where could he be?" I laughed nervously. "I am sure he would be glad to see you grow up as a talented mage"

Crap, my mind is blank.

"In heaven" she smiled sadly. "Along with my mom"

W-wait her parents were dead?

After that, we remained in silence as she continued making the sweets. She dipped the others in chocolate -which made me drool, nonetheless- and glazed the others with honey.

"Alright!" she grabbed one and shoved it in my face. "Taste test!"

I blushed at her small actions as the butterfly in my stomach started fluttering around.

"How is it?"

I chewed the dessert rather fast so I would not swallow the embarrassment of Lucy-san staring at my face as I finished the donut she shoved in my mouth.

"It was great" I smiled happily at the sweet treat. Then, she leaned in closer and wiped the corner of my mouth with her thumb. She smiled in satisfaction and took a step back. "There, all clean!"

Blinking rapidly to settle down the redness accumulating on my face, I watched Lucy-san as she stuffed numerous donuts onto a blue paper bag and sealed it in afterwards.

"Alright, let's go ahead and give it to him!" she grabbed the hem of my sleeves and tugged me along with her.

"U-uhm.. is it alright to drag me along?" I asked, surprised at her sudden actions. Her pace slowed down and eventually her hand let go of my torso.

"I just thought it was gonna be awkward, so I might as well drag you along to lighten up the mood..." she mumbled meekly. "I'm sorry for being selfish.."

"W-what are you saying? I don't mind at all just.. surprised" I looked down at the marbled floor. "I mean I thought you guys might've want some lone time together to sort things out yourselves, you know"

Why the hell am I helping her out of her confusion with Sting?

But seriously, whatever it is that caused the smlll fight within them should be solved by themselves only-without dragging others including me in their charade.

"So..um..see you later?"

I heaved a deep breath and forced a small smile. I am getting tired due to all of this and I don't like it.

"See you."

...

Editing Chapter Sixteen : Done.