Chapter 21 : Shadow

Disclaimer : I do not own Fairy Tail or any of the characters. Hiro Mashima does.

Sting's Pov

We woke up the next day -- well, me and Rogue that is-- with a massive headache due to the humungous amount of sake we have consumed after having a dip in the hot springs.

Sadly, we have to go back on the guild for me to finish the pile of paperworks hanging around in my office for the days I've been gone.

How unfair, Rufus should have taken care of it when he have nothing to do and just chilling out in the library.

"Why so glum?"

Snapping my thoughts like a loose wire, I blinked back at the hazelnut eyes staring back at me.

I can feel my cheeks turn red.

"N-no, it was nothing"

We were currently eating in the sabertooth dining hall to fill our empty stomachs due to the numerous vomits brought to us by the hellish train ride on the way back.

"Maybe you ate too much?" Blondie giggled while Rogue munched on his chocolate cake after replying.

"He never eats too much considering how glutton he is"

I shot him a glare.

"Now, now don't fight the two of you" she laughed awkwardly while Rogue hmped in response. "Do you want me to help you with the papers Sting?"

An legit angel isn't she~

"Ah but aren't you gonna go on a job together with Yukino ordered by Princess Hisui herself?"

I gaped at Blondie, my eyebrows knitting.

Why don't I know anything about that yet Rogue does?

"E-ehhh..." Lucy-san waved her hands. "It wouldn't take that long...would it?"

Rogue put his fork down. "Yes it will" he looked at me. "Finish it already you lazy ass of a master"

Getting annoyed by Rogue's continuous turning down of Blondie's volunteering act to help me, I stood up hastily, rolled my eyes and went to my office slamming the door behind me.

Third Person Pov

"He got annoyed" the celestial mage mumbled, turning to give the ebony man a scold. "Why did you have to say that? I volunteered to help and he did not forced me to do so"

The black dragon slayer heave a sigh. "Stop babysitting him. It's annoying"

E-Ehhh?! Why is he such in a bad mood?

"B-babysitting?" I sweatdropped. "Also, why do you know about the request sent by the Princess?"

He brushed the food residue on Frosch's mouth and removed some that has been stucked on his suit. "Yukino's voice is so loud, my ears could not help but hear the conversation"

"You evesdropped" I deadpanned.

He gave me a blank face.

"I did not"

Ah fine, I don't want to start an argue full of nonsense anyway.

"Whatever you say" the blonde mumbled, slightly annoyed and bothered by the shadow dragon's demeanor and grabbed her pink backpack. "I'm going"

Rogue smiled lightly. "Take care"

...

The blond massaged his aching shoulders, slumping back in his swivel chair as he finally finished the humungous amount of paperworks he have been filling up since morning.

"I wonder how their job went" He thought, placing his cheek in the sturdy table. Lector went home together with Frosch a little bit earlier and he was left alone in the room.

Closing his eyes, he let the exhaustion took over him and fell asleep almost instantly.

Meanwhile, a figure came out of the shadows and stared at the blond's sleeping face whose drool started coming out and sliding down his cheek.

"You childish ass. You can do it if you want to" He pulled out a blanket in the sofa and placed it in his partner's back.

"Aw, is this what they call bromance?"

Cheeks flushing red due to the startle brought by the voice and meaning behind the words she said, Rogue looked back.

"That is not funny, Lucy-san"

The blonde smiled cheekily and trotted towards the two.

"Why do you have to be so harsh when you actually cared for him" the blonde asked, poking their guild master's cheek.

"Sometimes, you should let people realize they can actually manage to do something without the help of others" the shadow dragon slayer sat on the sofa. "Because at the end of the day, you are always alone anyway"

...

Editing Chapter Twenty-One : Done.

A/n : "What a short chapter .." Yes, I know forgive me for being lazy (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')