Chapter 6 : Warmth

Diclaimer : I still do NOT own Fairy Tail or any of the characters. Hiro Mashima does.

A/n: Any of you knew when is Rogue or Sting's birthday? Comment meee when.

Third Person's PoV

Wiping the tears off her cheeks, Lucy stared at the corner where Rogue and Frosch disappeared.

She can't blame herself. The fear that Rogue may or may not turn into Future Rogue grew inside her. It scared her.

The way his eyes glared darkly at her, the way those red eyes lost it's warm and was replaced with burning rage like he wanted to kill her, it shook her the most.

However, she understood the fact that Rouge is worried that something might happened to Frosch and he might mistaked that her as a culprit and couldn't think straight.

Rogue loved the exceed with all of his heart so if something happens to Frosch, Rogue will surely blew up.

Future Rogue's little fiasco was because Future Gray killed Frosch. That was enough for Rogue to turn into someone else. A killer, a psychopath who wanted to end the life of the world.

She heard her door creak open so she scrambled off the floor to stand up. The lights flickered open revealing Natsu who was sniffing the air around.

Wait, Natsu entering the door rather in the window? That's new.

"Yo Luce. It's really mean of you to leave me back at Sabertooth" he squinted his eyes, pinching his nose. "This smell reeks of that Shadow Bastard."

He finally take a picture of her crying face. His eyes widened before his eyebrows met in anger. "What the hell did he do?"

Lucy smiled sadly. "I-it's not his fault. I'm just b-being a crybaby...I guess"

"You know what, stop interacting with that guy" he spat. "He might hurt you" his onyx eyes bored at her. "After what Future Rogue did, I think you shouldn't trust him that much"

The blonde baffled at his statement. "You're not my father Natsu. Future Rogue is different from today's Rogue. You shouldn't judge-"

"I promised her!" he yelled, eyes filled with horror. "It kept replaying in my dreams. Happy was crying, y-you were dying..." he mumbled, looking down. "Once is enough.."

Guilt flashed in Lucy's system. Natsu blamed himself for Future Lucy's death, because he couldn't save her in time. And he was carrying that burden all this time. She had no idea that such events left a huge impact at the salmon haired teen.

I'll talk to him once I got back to the guild but first, I need to settle things with Rogue.

The Communication Lacrima on top of her table rang, with Yukino's face appearing on the glass ball. "Lucy-sama. Are you there?" she asked.

Lucy nodded before picking the lacrima. "What's the matter Yukino?"

The white haired maiden spoke. "You see, Sting-sama and Rogue-sama faught. Sting-sama locked himself in his office while Rogue-sama...he was drinking at the bar"

The blonde gaped. "I wanted to go there and help but Crocus is five hours away"

"No problem. Minerva-sama will open a portal so you could go here."

With that, Minerva's magic appeared infront of her. Dropping the lacrima on the table, she grabbed her keys before jumping at the vortex.

Opening her eyes, she was standing at Sabertooth's entrance. Searching for the Shadow Dragon Slayer, she found him sleeping soundly at the bar counter. There were shattered bottles at the floor. What happened?

The blonde placed a hand on Rogue's shoulder and shake him awake. His eyes fluttered open along with a small hum. "Rogue? It's me, Lucy"

His face registered in shock and sadness. Eventually, that look melted and turned into relief. Her heart skipped a beat.

There were cut at his palms and blood dripping from it. "Rogue..I'm sorry" Lucy mumbled, gently squeezing his hand.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry.."

Pebbles of tears dripped at their co-joined hands. Lucy stared wide-eye at Rogue. "I didn't mean to make you cry.." he whispered, his hands cupping her cheeks.

She shivered at how cold the blood felt against her skin. He brushed her cheeks with his thumb while his face inched closer. "But before you go..."

Their noses touched as he leaned down to meet her gaze. "I just wanted you to know..."

His eyes stared lovingly at her. The beautiful shade of his eyes were back, the crimson irises twinkling back at her. "I've always..."

His breathe tickled down her face. "..liked you"

A confession!

Snaking his arms around her waist to pull their bodies closer with the blood in his hands soaking her shirt, he hugged her close.

This time, he won't let go.

...

Editing Chapter 6 : Done.