Chapter 21

Jill's POV

The amusement park was just beginning to open when we arrived, therefore there's still few people. I saw Sam took a map of the place watched her study the area. As for us, we basically grew up in this park therefore we have memorized the place, however I still took one copy so I can mark our journey.

"Let's go to the battle star first then the space shuttle before people started coming!" Mia screamed in excitement.

"Yep!" Nica followed. The 'battle star' that Mia was talking about was a roller coaster ride where your feet hanged from the seat. It got several loops and probably the most intense ride in the area. The 'space shuttle' on the other hand was a two loop roller coaster where the coaster were pulled slowly backwards when released at a high speed into the loop when it reached the top.

What I like in our group was that, we were all dare devils. Not the type who do death defying stunts but we liked adventures and adrenaline rush. Whenever one of us have a problem, we go here and ride the roller coaster all day. We were also the kind of group who makes the most of what we paid so we ride all the attractions no matter how childish they may be.

"Cool! There's almost no line!" Pete said and they all went towards the entrance.

I was about to follow them when I noticed a heavy baggage in my arm. It was Sam and she looked scared. "Oh... Sam... Are you afraid? It's ok if you are... we'll just stay here." I mentally slapped my head as I have forgotten about her. I knew that no one from our group was afraid of any rides but we have a new addition to the crew. I sighed in relief when she shook her head no and proceed to walk towards the entrance.

If she wasn't afraid, then why was she so clingy today? Was it because I tried to kiss her. Does she like me too. What about Jack. I was so distracted that I have not realized that we were already strapped in. The coaster held four persons per row so us girls sat at the second row while the boys were at the first row. I noticed that there weren't many people as the coasters weren't filled.

"Ahhhh!" Screamed by those girls behind us as the coaster began to move.

"Whoah!!!!!!" We screamed from the top of our lungs as the coaster stopped. Our hair was in a mess and laughter filled the place.

"One more time!" I heard someone yelled.

Even though we bought a ride-all-you-can ticket, we still need to queue again in order to repeat the ride, so we exited the area.

There's one thing I noticed upon the duration of the ride. Sam didn't scream at all. I knew she were afraid because she kept her eyes closed. I can sense that she tried to yell but still couldn't bring herself to speak. It broke my heart to see her struggle maybe this was a bad idea after all.

"So... shall we repeat or move on to the shuttle?" It was Pete who asked. I would like to decline but I can't find a good reason. And the next thing I knew, I was again sitting with Sam at the shuttle. She held my hand as the coaster started moving. I squeezed her hand in assurance. She must have sensed my uneasiness.

We repeated the battle star and shuttle before we moved on to the next theme. We were now at the 'space' part of the theme park. It was just over an hour and it's becoming crowded to the most popular ride therefore we moved on to the next theme which was the 'pirate'. It's main attraction was the 'vikings'. It was a large boat that swings up to 90 degrees.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked Sam as we neared the entrance. Our hands never left each other since we rode the shuttle. "It's okay. I knew a trick to that ride. You won't feel a thing."

The queue was not that long and I estimated us to be seated after two sets. Sam took her phone and motioned us for a selfie with the boat behind us and then typed something.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm good. This is good for me. Maybe one if these rides can force my voice out." Sam wrote and I nodded.

"I'm just here okay?" I told her. I knew I like her but now that Jack was in the picture, the situation became complicated. Can I really choose Sam for my own brother. And Jack, he seemed quiet and aloof since we entered. I wonder if something went wrong.

We girls sat at the far side of the boat while the others sat at the other side. Pete took out his phone and secured the strap before he started to film the ride. He just loved to watch our reactions on film. We love the rides but we're still scaredy cat sometimes.

"Just relax. It's just a big swing. Just follow my lead." I whispered to Sam. This was a trick that I discovered when we were kids. "Okay when we are going down, you look up... just follow me... and then when we are going up, look down..." She was still tenses but followed my advise. I sensed her relaxed as the boat swung higher and the screams got louder. "Then... just sway it... act cool... Pete's filming this... You'll be laughing at Mia and Nica later." She then smiled as we continued to dance with the swing.

A couple more attractions and we were all exhausted. The group decided to take a break and took cover in the food court from the heat of the sun. It was already past noon and the temperature was so hot.

"Jill, come and let's order some pizza for all." Jack said. And because I knew my twin so well, it means we need to talk alone. I gave Sam a slight squeeze in the arm before I stood up and followed Jack.

We have always been close and very vocal to each other but this was the first time that I didn't want to talk to him.