Chapter 22

Jack's POV

Every morning, before school, I make sure to complete my daily five mile run. I just ran around our neighborhood and that included the park where I stopped for a drink.

The dawn was barely breaking and the sun was just about to rise. Usually, the only people I see at this our was fellow joggers and the news paper boy that delivers the daily news papers using his bike.

However, this day was different. In the swing not far away from the drinking fountain sat a girl whom I never saw before. She had a chestnut hair that was tied into a messy bun. She was wearing a yoga pants and a sweater. It looks like she just came out from her bedroom. The rising sun illuminated her white and glowing face. Her smile was alluring as she savor the warmth of the sun.

It was then that I felt my heart beat like never before. It's not my nature to stalk someone. I don't want to boast but girls threw themselves at me but she was different. She was like gravity that pulls me towards her. It was then I found out that she was the girl that I heard my mom was talking about. She was Mrs. Rogers' niece who just moved here.

I never completed my run from that day and for once, I consider myself a stalker. But a very cute one so I guess the girl's more popular term was 'secret admirer'. It's not always bad to have girls around you as I over heard Mia corrected Nica's term on my sister's stalker. Apparently, if you're not good looking, then you're a stalker... else secret admirer. Hays... Girls....

My jaw dropped when she was introduced by Jill. I played it cool and acted normal but in reality, I was a mess. I was also shocked to learn about her condition. I mentally planned to hurt whoever did this to her.

Jill seemed to be responsible for her. It's great! Maybe I used ask her to help me to get to know her. Since I don't have any problem getting girls... It was hard when you were the one to do the first move.

My plan was delayed since I need to do some tutoring so my plan was put on hold. Besides, I think Sam was still just warming on us, it's not good to scare her.

I suddenly felt ill so I cut the lessons to go back early but Jill and her friends had already left. Pete's practice just completed we greeted each other at the parking lot then we head off.

A few blocks away, I saw a commotion and stopped the car. It was Mia and Nica. By the looks of it, they were in trouble. With no hesitation, I pulled a baseball bat from the trunk and ran after them with Pete behind me holding a hockey stick.

My blood boiled in rage as I saw my twin unconscious and Sam being held by her hair. It was then that I realized why I suddenly felt weird. Jill was in danger. The thugs ran away upon seeing us and we brought the two in the hospital.

Jill had been in and out of consciousness and Sam was with her the whole time. It must have been because she felt in debt with her. I was honestly glad that she was there because I can admire her even from a distance.

My lovely twin was finally out and she was visited by Sam. It made me glad that she cares about my sister and that I can also be close to her at the same time. I mentally screamed in excitement to baby sit the girls. It was a chance for me to get to know her.

At last! The day has come. I have watched and movies and researched blogs for this day. I made sure that my appearance was good. I dressed up for the first time. I held the doors for her and acted chivalrous.

Jill must have noticed my sudden change and action and it suddenly felt awkward in the car. At last we arrived at the park and I offered to buy the ticket. As I was coming back, it was then that I realized that Jill must have the same feelings for Sam and as I can see it, the feeling's mutual.

They both held hands for the duration of the rides. It was not uncommon for girls to hold hands but the way they act and the way my twin protects her, they look like a couple.

It was then that I realized that I need to make a choice and have a little chat with my sister.