Chapter 14

Before long you were all walking through the grass of what used to be a farmers paddock. It would have been a pretty good paddock to harvest every season with a view like this. It was like you could see the whole country side, from where you guys where. Everyone was taking in the beautiful scenery and enjoying the moment while it lasted.

Jesus was talking to Morgan about something behind you, but you zoned out of their conversation as you looked over at Daryl besides you who was already staring at you.

"What? Do I have something on my face that I should know about?" You asked with a slight grin as Daryl shook his head.

"Nah, it's not that."

"Then what is it?" You asked curiously watching him as you continued walking with the group.

"Just don't die today, alright?" He said softly, his eyes softening as he looked at you and you smiled.

"Baby, don't worry. I will be fine." You replied giving him a soft smile as you bumped into his shoulders playfully. "Plus, I blend in amongst crowds, unlike Jesus over here with his cool-ass jacket, long hair and beard. The Saviours will shoot at him first 'cause he stands out." You joked causing Daryl to snort as Jesus jogged up to the two of you, after hearing his name.

"Hey! I heard that." He suddenly said and you grinned.

"Good. You were meant to." You replied glancing over at Jesus as he shook his head with a laugh and you heard Daryl chuckle from besides you. You smiled, glad that you managed to get his mind off the thought of something going wrong, even if it only lasted a few minutes.

"Y/N." Daryl suddenly muttered as he stopped walking, staring out at the horizon. You quickly stopped and followed his line of sight and that's when you saw it. The herd of walkers. There had to be hundreds, thousands of them in that herd.

"Holy shit." You muttered, catching the rest of the groups attention and everyone stopped and stared at the walkers.

"Holy damn. You ever seen one that big?" Jerry questioned from somewhere to your left.

"No. Things are changing. Lets go." Rick stated as you took one last look at the herd before you continued walking besides Daryl.

You walked for another few minutes until suddenly the Saviours signature whistle filled the air and if you weren't mistaken it was coming from all directions. You were surrounded. Shit.

You quickly lifted up your AR-15 assault rifle, wedging the butt of the gun against your shoulder as you glanced around the area. You were in a bad position to be ambushed, the Saviours had the higher ground and clearly the element of surprise. How did that even happen? We were meant to be ambushing them.

"Well, damn Rick, look at that. Pegged again. Pegged so very hard. I ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush." Negan's voice called through some sort of microphone, but you couldn't pinpoint what direction he was coming from.

"How about you step out and face us?!" Rick shouted, looking around trying to find him, but he was having about as much luck as you were with trying to spot them.

"Oh, I am everywhere, Rick. Some more bullhorns, more walkies. Pick a direction to run. See how you do. Make it fun for all of us. Guess what else I did. I bought some of your old friends. You remember your old buddy Eugene? Well, he is the person that made today possible. Same goes for Dwighty boy here. In case you were wondering, he didn't ream you on purpose. No, he is just a gutless nothin' that sucks at life, and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die, and he's gonna live with that. Gabriel, well he's got to go too. We are cleaning house today, Rick. And then there's you. It never had to be a fight. You just had to accept how things are. So here we go. Congratulation's, Rick. Three! Two!" Negan's voice shouted and suddenly the Saviours stepped forward and your eyes went wide as you took in how many there were lining the top of the hill. "One!" He yelled, but as the Saviours pulled the triggers, it seemed almost as if all of their guns backfired as majority of them all fell to the ground. What the hell just happened?