Fanfic 6.5: Teach Me (SnowMonkey)

THIS FIC IS NOT EDITED! IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE CHAPTERS IN THIS COLLECTION!

(And I mean plot, and language wise. I will get around to rewriting this soon ;3)

This fanfic is outside the usual "area" so Yang and Blake aren't dating and neither are Ruby and Weiss.

(Snow Monkey)

SUN'S POV

"Hey I'm pretty good at this, dontcha think?" I grinned, steadily gliding over the ice.
"Your legs are too far apart and you're shaking all over... But it's ok for a first time.." Weiss muttered, gracefully skating ahead of me, hands linked behind her back.
"If you say so.." I laughed, increasing my speed so I could catch up with her.
After countless times of asking, Weiss finally agreed to go on a date with me, with two conditions: she got to choose where we went and I shut up afterwards. It was harsh but it's the only opportunity that I'll get to get through to her, and I personally think she secretly wanted to go.
"So.. Weiss... Since this is a date-"
"No hand holding." She said bluntly, turning her head.
"Aww damn.. I thought I had a chance there.." I sulked.
Weiss giggled slightly, covering her mouth with her hand, cheeks going slightly red. Taken back slightly, I felt myself blush too but I covered it by turning away and focusing on the rink.
"So.. Uh..." I cleared my throat, "How long have you been skating..? You look pretty skilled."
"Mm.. Its like a tradition in my family, I'm usually in competitions, not just for skating really, I do tournaments and concerts and.." she suddenly flushed red before coughing and straightening up, "Its all professional of course, I need to do it all to become a great huntress."
"Why do you pretend you don't do it for fun?" I asked, spinning on my heel so I was facing backwards.
"I- I don't! It really is just professional!" She protested, "And you're gonna fall if you skate backwards like that.." She added quietly.
"Oh I see, so huntresses sing while they fight now?" I smirked, folding my arms.
"Y- You..!" She exclaimed, face red with embarrassment.
"Sorry, sorry." I laughed, returning back to her side, "Since you do skating competitions, you know some tricks right?"
"Yes?" She asked, eyeing me up curiously.
"Can you show me some?" I asked grinning.
"N- No. There isn't enough space.." She mumbled.
"But since everyone is going around the rink, why don't you just do it in the middle?" I said, pointing to the large, empty circle in the middle of the ice.
"I guess I could... There's enough space.. But still I-!"
"Great! Let's go!" I grinned, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the middle.
"B-but were so visible..!" She stuttered nervously.
"Cmon, youve done this infront of judges right? What's so bad about this?" I grinned, skating around her in a circle.
"O-okay... But don't think that I'm scared! I just.. Didn't want to hurt anyone, ok?" She said, flustered.
I gave her a quick smirk and a thumbs up as I skated off to the sides so I could watch.
She stood in the middle, back straight and arms elegantly placed by her sides, before taking a deep breath and begining to skate around. After a couple of minutes of just skating around, everyone seemed to stop and watch, standing right by the edges to get out the way.
I could see the determination on Weiss' face as she swiftly kicked her leg up above her head, catching it in her hands and span gracefully. The people around us started applauding and cheering as she sped up the Biellmann Spin before bringing her leg back down and continuing with a 3 turn into a almost perfect Butterfly jump, both feet taking off the ground almost instantly, body almost parallel to the ice in the air as she kicked her legs out in a scissoring motion.
Everyone cheered louder and I just stood there watching the beauty and elegance of her movements, it was almost if she wasn't human.
To finish it off, she skated into a double Axel Jump, landing without a single stumble and quietly skidding to a halt. A hum of voices filled the rink as everyone applauded and cheered as she curtsied, a cute embarrassed smile on her face. The croud dispersed as she made her way over to me, her face flushed and hair slightly dishevelled.
"That was so awesome!" I grinned, pulling her into a hug.
She stood there, stiff, before heaitantly hugging back, burying her head in my shoulder.
"You ok..?" I asked, pulling back but holding onto her shoulders gently.
"Yeah, thanks." She smiled, looking up at me.
"W-what for..?" I asked, arms snapping to my sides as I turned away blushing.
"It was fun." She laughed.
"Yeah..!" I laughed back, "Shall we skate, milady?" I asked, bowing and offering out my hand, looking up at her with a smirk.
"Mm.." She blushed, taking my hand.

WEISS' POV

We had spent almost all day at the rink, skating round in circles, talking and laughing so now it was almost dark and there were only a couple of people left on the ice.
"Hey look, it's so empty..!" Sun cheered, letting go of my hand and speeding ahead with a laugh. I smiled, blushing as I leisurely followed him, laughing whenever he tried to show off but wobbled on his skates and almost fell over.
"Hey.. Uh.. Sun..?" I asked, speeding up so I could catch up.
"Hm?"
I grabbed the back of his shirt lightly, causing him to stop. I sighed and leant my head on him while he stood there quietly.
"I'm glad.. I'm... I had fun.. Today..." I mumbled, face growing hot as I heard him laugh lightly.
"Yeah.. You don't have to be so uptight all the time.." He said, turning round and gripping my hands in his.
"Mm.." I said, leaning into his chest.
"Hey, it's almost closing time, so let's make the most of this.." He mumbled, holding both my hands out, "You can teach me how to spin, right?"
"Ok..." I smiled, blushing.
He lead me to the middle of the ice, now completely deserted, and began to spin us round together. I laughed watching my feet and squeezed Sun's hands lightly.
"Oops.." He said, slipping slightly but straightening back up after.
"Hey, let's go a bit faster.." He grinned, speeding up the pace.
"Hey wait-!" I exclaimed, loosing my footing and falling right into his chest. I clenched my eyes shut as I heard a thud on the ice. Opening them, I saw Sun below me, wincing slightly as he opened his.
"Oh.." I gasped as I realised how close his face was and I felt mine flush bright red.
"Ah.. Hi.." He grinned, leaning in closer.
"S- sorry.." I said, clearing my throat and pulling away. I suddenly fell back onto him as he flipped me over onto the ice.
"That really hurt I hope you know.." He smirked, pinning my wrists down.
"H- hey! Sun..!" I gasped, turning my head.
"I love you."
"Huh..?" I looked back up at him, straight into his eyes. He was looking at me gently, a weak smile on his face.
"I'm sorry I just-"
I shut him up, pressing my lips against his, his eyes widening in shock. His grip loosened on me, letting me wriggle free and stand up.
"J-just think about that.. Kay..?!" I stuttered, flushed, looking down at him, before skating off the rink.

I sat down in the reception and fastened my skates in my bag and swung it over my shoulder.
"Hey Weiss!"
My head snapped around to see Sun racing over to me out of breath. He only had one shoe on and the laces were untied and his face was flushed.
"Sun! You-!" He planted his lips on mine and put his arms round my waist. I pulled into the kiss, wrapping my arms round his neck.
"I'm free next Saturday.." He whispered.
"I'll think about it..." I laughed, burying my head into his shoulder.
"Great.." He laughed back.
I pulled away quickly and said sternly:
"But don't get any ideas... And your shoelace is undone."
He glanced down at his feet as I turned on my heel and walked out the front door.