The Sleepover (Part Two)

I was sitting in the basement (which is my room for the next three days) and waiting for my friends to come over. I had told all of them that I would be leaving on the 31st, so they thought it would be a good idea to have one last sleepover. I liked the idea too so I invited them over tonight, 3 days before we leave for L.A.

Josh decided that he would leave me and my friends alone for tonight and he went to a movie with my traitor brother and TBITS. I really miss him, though, so I text him.

HEY BABE. WHAT TIME IS THE MOVIE OVER?

I am looking at the picture of Connor, Josh and I at my recital that I have on the shelf next to my futon when he texts me back.

IT JUST GOT OVER NOW. WHY? R U HURT? DO YOU NEED ME?

I reply:

NO, I'M FINE! JUST MISS U, THAT'S ALL! <3 U

I hit send when my friends come barging through the door. There's Natalie, Laura, Bella and Nikki and they look disappointed.

"What's the matter, guys?" I say after I hug them.

"Well, your mom just informed us that Josh isn't in the house right now." Laura says while crossing her arms and looking away.

"Yeah, he went out to a movie with my brother an-" I am cut off by my iPhone buzzing in my pocket. I take it out and there is a text from Josh. "Here he is now, actually! I'll look at this text and then call him so we can all talk to him, okay?" I ask.

"YES!!" They all answer at the same time. I swear, it's like they are the overly attached girlfriends, while I am just a friend of Josh's.

I open the message and it says:

I MISS U, TOO LIL. I'LL SEE U SOON, I THINK LUKE AND I ARE GOING TO HIS FRIEND'S HOUSE REALLY QUICK BECUZ HE SEEMS TO BE GOING THE OPPOSITE WAY THAT WE CAME FROM UR HOUSE... YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST CALL ME... MAYBE!! HAHA JK

I laugh because Josh is obsessed with that song and when ever it comes on the radio in the car he turns it up all the way and screams the words with the windows rolled down. People stare but I laugh at him because it's hilarious! He knows every word!

Anyway, I sit down on my bed and my friends sit with me. I put my phone in the middle of the bed and all five of us circle around it. I find Josh's name in the contacts and call him. I put the phone on speaker and on the third ring he picks up.

"Hey, Lil! I knew you would call me maybe!" Josh laughs and my friends burst out laughing, like, too hard.

"You guys don't have to laugh so hard. It wasn't really that funny!" To Josh, I say, "Why wouldn't I call? Plus, my friends wanted to talk to you so I thought that it would be the perfect opportunity!"

"Oh. Okay then, um, hi Laura, hi Bella, hi Natalie, hi Nikki, and, of course, hi Lilly!" Josh says.

"Hey Josh!" They all say at once. Laura gets up and runs to the corner and is on her knees crying. I don't know why. I mean, she's met Josh a million times before and not acted like this since back in the hospital the night of the graduation party.

I sigh while Natalie goes to get her. "So, Josh, what did you want me to call you for?" I ask him.

"Well apparently there is this party at Luke's friend's house and he wants me to go. But the house is two hours away, and since we are in separate cars, I am contemplating not going. I am already halfway there, though, so that means I will have to drive all the way back. But my figuring is, why would I want to drive four damn hours in one night when I could easily just drive two? So what do you think I should do? Because if I come back, then I will hang out with you guys. What do you think I should do?" Josh asks. By the way, he is driving my orange Mustang that I payed every penny of.