The Offer

I wake up in an off-white room with a huge headache and an obnoxious beeping noise that sounds really close. My vision comes more into focus and I see my mom, my brother and four other people that look familiar.

"Honey! How are you doing?" My mom says, sounding really relieved that I am awake.

"I have a headache...Wait, where am I?" I ask, because I really have no idea where I am.

"You are in the hospital. I think I hit you with the door when I walked in and you passed out," one of the other people in the room said, sounding really concerned. I then remember what happened. Josh Hutcherson walked into my house and, since I am a huge fan, I passed out. It must be him who is talking to me...wait, whoa, whoa, whoa! THE Josh Hutcherson is talking to me?! Is this a dream? "I feel so bad. My brother told me what you said about me earlier tonight, and I wanted to say thanks, but I wasn't sure if you were going to wa-"

My three best friends decide to walk into the room right at that moment. "We came as soon as we heard! Are y-OH MY GOD! IT'S JOSH HUTCHERSON!" My friend Laura screams and is in tears on the ground instantly. Laura is almost an even bigger fan girl than I am and is convinced that one day she will marry Josh Hutcherson. Laura has midback-length blonde hair, like me, with blue eyes and a couple of freckles on her face. She is about 5'5, again, like me. We could pass as sisters, for sure.

My friend Natalie helps Laura off the ground and comforts her until she stops crying. Natalie has mid-back length black hair and has dark brown eyes. She has tannish skin and is pretty short, like 4'11, and pretty quiet. She can be very loud when she wants to, though. "I think what Laura means to say is are you okay?" Natalie says. She is not really a big fan of Josh, but she is still pretty star struck, because she is talking very proper.

My other friend, Isabelle (we call her Bella) is standing there with her mouth wide open and is WAY too quiet, compared to what she is really like. Bella originally had dark brown hair, but she dyed it so many times, so now it is sort of orange-ish with some purple in it. She is about 5'5, like me and Laura, and is the loudest of the group. That is why she is wayyyy too quiet right now.

"Hi! I'm Josh, and you don't have to act like that around me. I am a totally normal person." Josh says. My head feels a lot better now that my friends are here.

"Hi guys! I am fine. I honestly don't know why I am in the hospital. I feel completely normal...Wanna sleep over my house when we get home?" I say, winking to tell them that I do know why I am in the hospital, and it's definitely not Josh's fault.

"Okay!" They all say. "Is Josh going to be there?" Bella says, because she can't understand the concept of thinking before speaking.

"Yeah, my family and I are staying the whole summer at the Cane's house because we all wanted to get to know each other better. My mom and Lilly and Luke's mom have been best friend's since high school." Josh explains. The part about the Hutcherson's staying at my house the whole summer was news to me. I was pretty excited about this information.

"Can I sleep over the whole summer?" Laura says, because she is still learning about the "brain-then-mouth" concept, too.

"I don't know about the whole summer, but you guys sleep over all of the time anyway. Hey Mom, can we go home now? I feel fine." I say, pretty eager to tell my friends about my brother's amazing grad party.

"Okay. We will go. Thank you guys all for coming, to the party and the hospital. See you at home!" My mom says and starts to leave. I get up out of bed and leave too.

When we get to the parking garage, Josh stops me and pulls me to the side. "So, I really am sorry and I also really appreciate the things you said about me to my brother," he says. I can feel my face getting hot because he still has my wrist in his hand.

"It's no big deal. It was all true." I sound so cheesy! Even though I am telling the truth, it still sounds really cliché.

"Well, I don't know much about this town, so maybe you could show me around sometime? How about Monday, which gives you tomorrow to hang out with your friends." Josh says, and now he is blushing a little, but in the cutest way.

Wait. Did Josh Hutcherson just ask me out on a date? I have to be dreaming. I pinch my thigh, which hurts, and I know that I am not, in fact, dreaming. What would Laura say about this?

"Are you okay? Does your head hurt again?" Josh sounds very concerned, and then I realize that when I pinched my thigh, I let out a small yelp.

"No, I'm fine. It was nothing. Anyway, I would love to show you around on Monday. But you better be awake by 8:15, or else..." I laugh nervously.

"Great! See you back at the house!" Josh skips away, and I can't help but laughing. I lean back against the wall, thinking about what just happened and wondering why Josh Hutcherson would ask me, ME, out on a date. I sigh happily and skip back to the car, the same way Josh did.