Chapter 10: A secret message

You were laying in bed as the window next to you is open as fresh air was clearing the air of the room. You laid there just staring at the ceiling and thinking. While you were doing so Naruto was running around cooking dinner kind of struggling as he was not so great at it. You stand up and look over at Naruto while he was waiting for veggies to cook. 

"I've been thinking Naruto... What if what Kabuto told me is true?" You ask looking at him worried. "(Y/N)?... " Naruto sits next to you in bed worried. 

"I feel that Lady Tsunade has plans to not let me live longer. I think what Kabuto told me stands and that she is trying to eliminate my entire being without causing conflict with other nations." You say and get up to grab water. Naruto watches every move you make as your wounds were better and you were moving freely without pain. He gets up and approaches you, "(Y/N) Lady Tsunade would never do that. Trust me she is working hard to protect you. She has said it herself you are part of the village. Why would she kill a Konoha shinobi?!" You drink your water as Naruto looks at you. 

                 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaA8ATKCuM

Meanwhile, Lady Tsunade has gathered Lady Shizune, Kakashi sensei, and Neji Hyuuga to a meeting as the main topic was you.

 "Lady Tsunade, what are we gonna do about (Y/N)? I know you have locked her power but we cannot tame the powers forever." Kakashi sensei says as Tsunade hands him your folder. "This is everything we know about her," Tsunade says as Neji approaches Kakashi reading the file. 

"So our plan is to kill her?" Neji asks as Tsunade denies it with a head gesture. 

"We will not kill her. No matter what I may have said previously, it might have been because I am scared of losing the peace we have right now, but last night had me thinking..." Tsunade says as she gets up and turns to look out the window. Shizune looks at the floor with a sad face as Neji and Kakashi are left to wonder what was going on. Then all the sudden Kakashi realizes what is going on. "Lady Tsunade you don't mean..." He says as Neji is trying to understand what was going on. 

Shizune than speaks up informing Kakashi and Neji of the plan. "We are not going to kill her ourselves. Her powers will kill her. Kabuto wants to gain access to her STAR powers in order to have enough chakra strength for Orochimaru's incarnation. However, in order to gain the chakra he needs (Y/N) alive and in a good health condition. Our pills make it possible for her to postpone her organs from completely deteriorate, making it easier for Kabuto to turn her against us. This is why we are going to stop giving her the medication." With this explanation, Kakashi and Neji are left in shock. "It benefits the village," Tsunade says still facing the window. Neji looks at the file as he does not agree with the course of action. "No. We cannot kill another shinobi... Not when she is part of Konoha. She is one of ours..." Neji loudly states as Tsunade interrupts him. "Silence. I am the Hokage of the village and this ninja is a threat to our village. Our intel confirms that Kabuto attacked her out of nowhere to get a glimpse of her chakra and abilities. We cannot let our village be the victim just because we stopped the dying process of someone. This will be considered natural death." 

Kakashi looks at Neji as he is against this, Kakashi turns at Neji "You will do as the Hokage please Neji Hyuga." With those words, Neji gives in the plan unwillingly as Tsunade advises him to not say a word to anyone. Neji bows a little as he is handed the fake pills by Shizune. "Tonight it is her dosage time. Make sure to act normal" Shizune says with a lower voice than usual as Neji nods. With that Neji leaves as Kakashi turns at Tsunade the moment the door closes. "Lady Tsunade are you sure this is the right course of action?" 

"I am afraid yes. I hate to do this but I cannot have the village be at risk any longer than I have." 

Neji is walking toward Naruto's house as the night was falling in and the moon was shining brightly as ever. While walking Neji stops and just looks at the sky deeply inhaling in despair however he could not say a word about anything to anyone. He continues walking as he isn't far from Naruto's place. On the way there he bumps into Naruto who was holding a bag of groceries. 

"Hey, Neji. What brings you this way?" Naruto asks as Neji looks up at him 

"Naruto! I am actually going to your house. (Y/N) needs her pills." Neji says as Naruto offers to take them to her. However, he refuses to give them to Naruto stating that it is a mission from Tsunade. "Hahaha, I am getting paid to deliver these to her. I got it. I'll accompany you home Naruto" Neji says faking his actions as the two men walk together. 

"Naruto. How close are you with (y/n)?" Neji asks all of the sudden catching Naruto off guard. "We are pretty close," Naruto states looking away slightly blushing. Neji smiles a little looking at the ground. "(Y/N) is a silly girl. I have known her since she was brought in the village. A hardworking shinobi, and most important a good person. She comes off as rude in the beginning, but she is soft on the inside. You should take advantage of the situation, spend more time with her." Neji says while Naruto is surprised but at the same time realizing how much he adores you. With those words, the two ninjas arrive at Naruto's place as Neji finds you playing with a cat you'd found wandering around. Naruto laughs a little as Neji is surprised "I found him on our door this morning. He is lost. " you say as Naruto sits near you petting the cat. "You sure do not want to give the cat away, do you?" Naruto asks as you nod "Well, it probably belongs to someone..." you say and grab the cat facing you "We will find your home tomorrow okay kitty." you say smiling as the cat purrs. Neji smiles as he leaves the pills on top of the dining table and leaves without anyone noticing him. 

Neji jumps from one roof to another sad as he lands on top of TenTen's rooftop as she was sleeping. Neji wanted to talk to TenTen about everything, but he refrains himself and just sits on the roof looking at the sky. He wonders for hours as you go to sleep with the cat next to you, as Naruto grabs the pills bottle, which was empty and throws it in the trash. 

Picture credit: https://dannex009.deviantart.com/art/Commission-Akiko-and-Naruto-2-395833120 

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Naruto characters or places.

Next Chapter: November 7, 2018

Stay Tuned there is only 2 more chapters.

:D